conroe tx

texashog

conroe tx

Post by texashog »

My name is Casey Zorn, I live in Montgomery tx and I'm looking for someone to fish conroe with. I have bass fished most of my life but I have only had a yak for about a year. I've been a shallow water fishermen for the most part but I can drag a c rig and have done some deep cranking.
Attachments
Resized952016091395164728.jpg
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: conroe tx

Post by kickingback »

Lots of Yakers spend time up north and launch at Cagle. I like that area up north on Conroe as it is less navigated by boaters and holds lots of big bass around underwater structure. Get a sonar if you don't have one and use Google earth to view past years images using the history button up top. You can see the low water a few years back and see the underwater trees sticking up that may hold crappie and bass. Mark these spots and transfer to your sonar Use the sonar to find them when on the water.
I like to crappie fish by the bridge up there.
I don't fish it regularly. I fish when the weather is right and NOT on weekends because of the weekend warrior boater idiots. I'll look for you sometime or if I ever go again soon I will PM you.
texashog

Post by texashog »

Thanks for the reply. I live on the South end of the lake off of 105. I also have access to a 20 acre private lake in my neighborhood where I have caught a lot of big fish. The neighborhood also has a private launch to lake conroe over by the valero on 105.
TigerLandSportsman

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

I'm thinking about fishing Lake Stubblefield again in a couple weeks.
txkidd

Post by txkidd »

I've lived 30 min away for 5 years and have never fished Conroe, pretty new to big lakes I've only fished small private neighborhood lakes and a lot of saltwater. I'm down to throw some lures or soak some bait sometime. pm when you go out I might be available
El Gato Diablo

Post by El Gato Diablo »

PM sent
adanvjr

Post by adanvjr »

TexasHog,
If you got a smartphone, you should consider downloading Navionics USA Boating app.
It's a graph for every big lake and the saltwater for the USA.
Very cheap too.

I haven't been to Conroe in +10 years, and even then it was just to fish off a dock.
Right now, my only concern is my truck. I worry someone will break into it.

I'm having this Friday off (using up my last vacation day before I lose it).
If I have a whole day without errands, I'm going to Lake Conroe, as it's been a while since I've done some kayak bass fishing.
I've read that there's a kayak launch at the end of Forest Service Rd 204A.
If I make it out, I'm heading over there.
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

adanvjr wrote:TexasHog,
If you got a smartphone, you should consider downloading Navionics USA Boating app.
It's a graph for every big lake and the saltwater for the USA.
Very cheap too.

I haven't been to Conroe in +10 years, and even then it was just to fish off a dock.
Right now, my only concern is my truck. I worry someone will break into it.

I'm having this Friday off (using up my last vacation day before I lose it).
If I have a whole day without errands, I'm going to Lake Conroe, as it's been a while since I've done some kayak bass fishing.
I've read that there's a kayak launch at the end of Forest Service Rd 204A.
If I make it out, I'm heading over there.
I camped up there early summer this year. You can launch at the end of 204A but your gonna have to drag through quite a bit of brush and trudge through some swampy areas depending on the lake level. (It's not to bad though) It is nice and quite and off the beaten path for sure over there. (most of the time) I love it over there. You can also keep driving straight down 204 til you dead-in at the lake and launch there to. It's a little bit easier getting in and out down there. Just drag your yak over the small levy and go. Forest officers and Game Wardens frequent all those areas often so it's pretty safe for the most part. Just don't leave any valuables in sight at any of those areas.
adanvjr

Post by adanvjr »

Cityfisher wrote: I camped up there early summer this year. You can launch at the end of 204A but your gonna have to drag through quite a bit of brush and trudge through some swampy areas depending on the lake level. (It's not to bad though) It is nice and quite and off the beaten path for sure over there. (most of the time) I love it over there. You can also keep driving straight down 204 til you dead-in at the lake and launch there to. It's a little bit easier getting in and out down there. Just drag your yak over the small levy and go. Forest officers and Game Wardens frequent all those areas often so it's pretty safe for the most part. Just don't leave any valuables in sight at any of those areas.
Okay thanks.
If I make it, I'll be posting a report.
Riptide369

Post by Riptide369 »

Texashog

Myself and a few buddies get together all the time and fish around the area out of yaks. We all also travel with the KATS Tournament Series, if you would like to tag along hit me up. We fish just about every Saturday morning ( Summerville , Gibbons Creek, Bastrop, Fayette , ect) would enjoy adding to the yak fleet...