Labor Day Roadtrip!

MulletMaster08

Labor Day Roadtrip!

Post by MulletMaster08 »

Well our original plan was to head to Navarre Beach, which is between Pensacola and Destin, but Hurricane Heremine or whatever had other plans. We made a last minute decision to head to Delacroix, La to fish that evening and the next morning and let that storm push through. Last minute I booked the Delacroix Lodge, it was perfect, small little place with 2 sets of bunk beds, a stove and grill with shower and what not, $150 a night, it was perfect. Anyways first evening fishing was kinda slow but I did get to sight cast one big fish.
Day 1 Red 1.jpg
Day 1 Red splash.jpg
Water was a foot and half high and dirty so sight casting them was pretty difficult but I caught 5 more with the biggest was around 24",
Day 2 Red 1-1.jpg
Headed to Florida in hopes of going offshore to catch Snapper, Mahi, Kings, and with big hopes of maybe a sailfish! Every morning the weather changed and we were never able to make it offshore or even make it out to the bridge at night where you go to catch bull reds and look for Tarpon. After cabin fever set in we got out and hit the bays to catch some redfish. We caught several mostly all on top waters but overall a great time. Ate good, drank a few great local beers and enjoyed some good company from a friend of a friend who let us stay with him. I will be making that trip again, to La and Florida!
MulletMaster08

Re: Labor Day Roadtrip!

Post by MulletMaster08 »

few more...
Attachments
Florida Red.jpg
Day 2 Red 2-1.jpg
Day 1 Red 2 Release.jpg
Wag

Post by Wag »

Wow! Great trip! Thanks for sharing.
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

Nothing like a road trip. I hoping my poling skiff will make to that part of Louisiana soon.
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

Piscator wrote:Nothing like a road trip. I hoping my poling skiff will make to that part of Louisiana soon.

Whenever you decide to go let me know, I broke down and purchased a Bossman skiff and I will for sure be heading to that area as soon as it gets in.