Bolivar Fishing History (Need some Old Salt Stories)

MulletMaster08

Bolivar Fishing History (Need some Old Salt Stories)

Post by MulletMaster08 »

Hey so I started being the outdoor writer for the Bolivar Local and this months magazine coming up is centered around history of the peninsula. That being said I would love to interview a few old timers and get a few short stories and information of what it was like fishing East Bay back in the day. Perhaps getting a few old photo's would be great too! I was also looking into trying to get ahold of Joe Dogget but I am not sure if he is still around? Can anyone answer that for me and maybe have a way I can contact him if he still is?

If you know anyone or could put me in the right direction could you please email me @ TexasKayakChronicles@yahoo.com

Thanks
Mullet
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Bolivar Fishing History (Need some Old Salt Stories)

Post by Piscator »

Saw this on Facebook today. Rollover Pass in the 50's
Attachments
Rollover Pass 50s.jpg
Wag

Post by Wag »

Oh, this is the best news I've had in a great while!!! I love the peninsula, have traveled there for family vacations for 30 plus years and remember church outings as a teenager where we would seine and produce great bounty for our church fish fries. Great times, really. We fished rollover for flounder and croaker runs too. But I'm too young to really remember the good old days. Sorry to see rollover close...I try to fish the marshes along stingaree mostly now, with spotty luck. But, I so love your work, so am so happy that it gets a new venue!!
GUMB0
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by GUMB0 »

I'm sure I can help. I dropped you a line, pick it up if you wanna.
Cheers!
~JW