Keith Lake report 7/2

Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Keith Lake report 7/2

Post by Piscator »

Went to fish Kieth Lake yesterday with my cousin. Launched a little before first light and I thought we might try the fish pass first. Never left the fish pass. Water was much better looking than the last couple of months. Caught a goood speck right off using Gulf Mantis shrimp under a popping cork. After good light shrimp were jumping and trout were slurping. If you throw at fresh shrimp jump, it was instant hookup. We landed at least 50 specks and he counted 15 when he cleaned the keepers. I just bring a $10 Walmart picnic cooler bag with a bag of ice to put fish in and it might have held one more. I had one that was 21" and it was thick. The others were all in between. Jerry used a plastic shrimp and bottom fished a gulp. I caught some a small gold spoon. I caught 8 reds the largest was 12". Wind never blew and I was soaked from sweat. All of this was before 8:30.

I left the flyrod at home and it have been a great opportunity to catch specks on some of my shrimp flies. Too bad Monday is predicted to have high winds.
Jedi
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Keith Lake report 7/2

Post by Jedi »

You can thank me later Roger.I was going to fish Keith Lake yesterday but didn't go. That's why the fishing was great LOL
jackinayak

Re: Keith Lake report 7/2

Post by jackinayak »

tThanks for the report. You were catching while I was being skunked in the marshes of Texas Point. Really not a true skunk if you count a couple croakers caught on gulp swimming mullet. But I was looking for reds. That late morning rain shower was just in time to soak me down and cool off for a little while. Saw a lot of bait in the marshes but the previous tide must have brought in a bunch of xanax from a spill or something. NOTHING was going to excite them. I will either be moving out of the marshes for the rest of the summer fishing or .....switch to evenings instead of mornings. Glad you got out there Roger and posted up a successful trip .