fresh tomato sauce

CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

fresh tomato sauce

Post by CaptJack »

http://www.metaspoon.com/tomato-sauce-c ... 1n1r5565tJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: fresh tomato sauce

Post by Yaklash »

In years where I've had a bumper crop of tomatoes, rather than give all them juicy ripe maters away before they rot, I make a large pot of pasta sauce (2 or 3 weekends in a row or until the numbers fall off) and can it to eat the rest of the year. Part of my process is to skin and deseed the tomatoes. In doing that, a large amount of the juice comes out with the seeds. Strain out the seeds, mix in a little bit of sugar and some salt into the juice, mix well and then refrigerate for a few hours. Best got dang tomato juice ever, and so fresh the acid will sting the pores in your mouth.
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: fresh tomato sauce

Post by CaptJack »

Yaklash wrote:In years where I've had a bumper crop of tomatoes, rather than give all them juicy ripe maters away before they rot, I make a large pot of pasta sauce (2 or 3 weekends in a row or until the numbers fall off) and can it to eat the rest of the year. Part of my process is to skin and deseed the tomatoes. In doing that, a large amount of the juice comes out with the seeds. Strain out the seeds, mix in a little bit of sugar and some salt into the juice, mix well and then refrigerate for a few hours. Best got dang tomato juice ever, and so fresh the acid will sting the pores in your mouth.
yes sir Image