Anyone going btb June 1- June 5. In corpus or port a.

Addisonsmithdt2016

Anyone going btb June 1- June 5. In corpus or port a.

Post by Addisonsmithdt2016 »

Looking to see if anyone was going offshore kayak fishing in corpus or port a around June 1 through the 5th.
Kayakking

Re: Anyone going btb June 1- June 5. In corpus or port a.

Post by Kayakking »

I'll be out there the 4th and 5th for sure if the weather is good
Trevore

Post by Trevore »

Myself and one other will be out there the 5th weather permitting
Fishead69

Post by Fishead69 »

If work permits I'll be down on the 4th or 5th. I was thinking of fishing around Bob Hall. If the surf isn't feasible I'll hit the bay off 361
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

The weather looks like it could mess things up for Friday and Saturday. Sunday is debatable as of now. Monday and Tuesday, however, look good at the moment.
Kayakking

Post by Kayakking »

Yakety_Yak wrote:The weather looks like it could mess things up for Friday and Saturday. Sunday is debatable as of now. Monday and Tuesday, however, look good at the moment.
Agree
Walteezy

Post by Walteezy »

I'll be going btb but in Destin/Navarre. First time this year... It's been long overdue for me!
jdub81

Post by jdub81 »

Walteezy wrote:I'll be going btb but in Destin/Navarre. First time this year... It's been long overdue for me!
Is Destin worth the drive? I really want to make a trip out there but is the fishing worth it?
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

jdub81 wrote:
Walteezy wrote:I'll be going btb but in Destin/Navarre. First time this year... It's been long overdue for me!
Is Destin worth the drive? I really want to make a trip out there but is the fishing worth it?

It's worth the trip. This time of year the snapper season is in and they have a lot of spots to kayak fish for those out there (Florida has a season for state waters and it started right around Memorial Day weekend), mahi can be caught, and even black fin tuna. Also, sail fish is on the menu but that usually comes later toward the end of summer there.
jdub81

Post by jdub81 »

Yakety_Yak wrote:
jdub81 wrote:

It's worth the trip. This time of year the snapper season is in and they have a lot of spots to kayak fish for those out there (Florida has a season for state waters and it started right around Memorial Day weekend), mahi can be caught, and even black fin tuna. Also, sail fish is on the menu but that usually comes later toward the end of summer there.
I sent you PM.
Walteezy

Post by Walteezy »

It'll be my first time going! But it was supposed to be a bday trip for my wife. I'm just taking advantage and taking the yaks. Then it went from 1 yak, to 4 yaks. And we're meeting up with punchingclowns in Navarre. From what I've heard, seen on YouTube, and read on tons of articles, it's supposed to be superb fishing. I'll definitely post a report afterwards.