OK Scrambler 11 -vs- Prowler -vs- Caper

jager

OK Scrambler 11 -vs- Prowler -vs- Caper

Post by jager »

Not really new to kayaking but didn't know where to post this...

I have an OK Scrambler XT that's getting old and I like it. I'm wanting to get a similar or better kayak (stability, maneuverable and quick)
which of the above do you suggest? It's going to be used for duck hunting and fishing.

Please only make a suggestion if you have experience with the above.

Thanks!
jager

Re: OK Scrambler 11 -vs- Prowler -vs- Caper

Post by jager »

O.K.!
50 views and no response!
Newt556

Post by Newt556 »

Think Id go with the prowler try to find the green camo one.
GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by GoDoe »

I have the Prowler have had the Scrambler and seen the the Caper. The Prowler will do just about anything and is still one of my favorites. I can stand in mine and sight fish. It will take you some practice but it can be done. The Prowler will paddle a little better than the other two as well even without a rudder. I never had a rudder and had no problem.

I am not so sure it would be my yak of choice to duck hunt from if the water is cold. I would want something super stable so as not to fall into cold water.

You can't go wrong with the Prowler 13 and at $699 new from Academy it is hard to miss.

Currently my fleet is two Prowler 13's and two Ride 135's and a Solo Skiff. Have had Scrambler, Prowler 13 & 15, Ride 135 (two different body styles), Kingfish, Cuda 14', Tarpon 100 and a Solo Skiff.

John
Calait

Post by Calait »

I have a prowler 13 and love the yak. I need to get it into the water more often, and plan to after August, did not get my fishing license last year due to budget and family needs, already budgeting for a combo fresh/saltwater license this year. :o