For the Nature Lovers

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

For the Nature Lovers

Post by Aggroman »

This isn't really camping related, but it's where we do a lot of camping. I know for some, state parks aren't that cool. A bunch of people camped on top of each other. But ours is a bit different. It has many thousands of acres and 4 different camping areas stretched across many miles. So for me to travel about 6 miles from my house to the entrance, and suddenly be in the middle of nowhere...well, that's just pretty cool.

I personally think the Texas Parks and Wildlife do an amazing job keeping these places awesome and I can't say enough good things about them. So it's nice to be able to break free for a few hours, grab my gear, and try to create something that will bring a smile to someone's face.

I grew up out here, my kids grew up out here, and I hope my grandkids grow up out here. You know what....enough of that grandkid stuff, i'm too young for that talk. :lol:

Anyway, I thought I might share some photos I took last night. It was only a couple of hours, but I challenged myself to bring back something new, from a place i've been too a thousand times.

This is the same place so many of my posts with me and the family camping are from. I just felt like sharing a beautiful evening at our state park. I wrote up a little piece for it that has more photos if you like this kind of stuff.....http://www.flyrivermedia.com/sunsets-an ... -the-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for taking a walk with me,
Scott

Oh yeah, this is in the San Angelo State Park. I forgot to mention that. :D
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: For the Nature Lovers

Post by Hirsch »

It is a nice park and I am glad you enjoy it. In last 2 years I have finally visited Palo Duro and Caprock Canyon along with a few more. I intend to add to that list.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

It is a former COE park. The bike riding out there in the park is very good. Lots of room for a road bike. The mountain bike trail is pretty good too. Overall it is a very nice place.
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Post by Z~MAN »

Nice write up! :clap:

Might have to add it to my list of state parks to visit!

Z-man
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thanks guys! The northside is really a beautiful area. Lots of big trees, shade, and color. The southside, where these photos were taken, is beautiful in it's own way, although there aren't as many trees, more rocks, and a lot flatter. But you have the lake right beside you.

Here's a photo close to the same area from a few months ago I got off the state park's fb page.

A ton of folks didn't think the photos were from the southside, but I just tell them, it's all in how you "see" things. :)

Scott