Camp 24

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Camp 24

Post by Aggroman »

Sometimes I just feel like telling a story. So last weekend my son and I went camping for his birthday. I felt like it was a good opportunity to film and document our very short trip and try to produce something that we can look back on and smile. I don't usually do these types of videos, but really enjoyed the trip, the memories made, and the project that followed. This is from my perspective, but I believe a lot of you can relate to it. It's about camping, about family, about memories. Hope you enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/165043022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scott
Poseidon01

Re: Camp 24

Post by Poseidon01 »

Truly enjoyed your video. Great memories on the making! Thanks for sharing. :D
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thank you!
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

That was great you blow my mind...I was hoping to see a snake .. Thanks so much for posting and reminding me 24hrs is enough time to make memories ..
army

Post by army »

Thanks for posting that. Great video, very well written and narrated.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

Thanks for the great documentary of your trip and the reminder that our times with our children is indeed short. I like the footage and the snake skin in the tree and the rattler just making his way on by. I will have my boys watch this tonight.

My oldest is a junior in college and my twins are juniors in high school. It has really been hitting me lately that my time with them is growing very short. I am very proud of them and they have become respectful young men with values they will pass on to their children. My oldest will be home this Friday from another semester at OSU and we will be headed to the coast next week for some bay fishing. My twins and I are headed to Colorado late June or early July for a week in the backcountry.

Thanks again for the great video and commentary it helps me a great deal to stay on course with mine and a reminder of the immense value of what we as parents provide to our children and the sense of accomplishment we should all feel. A parents job is never complete.

SYOTW,

Earl
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Outstanding!
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thanks guys, and well said Earl!

BTW, here's a different photo of the rattler that was in the video. It looks like it's a monster but was actually just a baby. I'm not a huge snake fan, but can always appreciate them and their part in the world, and love snapping a few photos when our paths cross. (except cottonmouths, those evil serpents are spawned from the depths of hell.) :D
Photo 14.jpg
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Post by Z~MAN »

Great video!

I'm going campin.....soon!

Z-man
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thank you! And yes, get campin"!!!
Yakfoot

Post by Yakfoot »

That is great. I have few regrets re. child rearing but one big one...that I did not make time to make memories. There are only a few camping memories for my children and I have felt bad about that above anything else. But, we just got back from Choke Canyon a few hours ago...Mom, Dad, daughter, two grown daughters with husbands. We never have had such a crew and the first time we have all gotten together to do something as a group. Camping really brings people together like nothing else I know of. Holidays are just too rushed and tense.
12 perch

Post by 12 perch »

Great video. Thank you for sharing your time with us. That took me way back when my dad had taken us camping. I need to get my son out on a camping trip. Thank you again, and enjoy as much time with your son as possible. Steve
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

12 perch wrote:Great video. Thank you for sharing your time with us. That took me way back when my dad had taken us camping. I need to get my son out on a camping trip. Thank you again, and enjoy as much time with your son as possible. Steve
Thanks Steve!
Sic Em

Post by Sic Em »

Great video. Really puts things into perspective. My kids are still little, but I still try to get out with them and make memories every chance I get. Thank you for sharing.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thank you!
gloryriver

Post by gloryriver »

I hope you get bitten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk