TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Do you have a rant or topic that is not fishing/hunting/kayak related? Post it here.
By Barnacle Bill
I get several PMs every week asking how to post pics on threads.

The easiest way is to go to a hosting site such as www.tinypic.com.

Once you get there, you'll see the options such as "Tags" - title your photo and Size - choose message board.

Click "Upload Photo".

Once you have the photo uploaded, you'll see several options:

Links to Share

HTML for Websites

IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards

URL for E-Mail & IM

Direct Link for Layouts

Send it Via E-Mail

Click on the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards .

It will be something such as Image (only without the spaces. I had to space it so the info would show up and not the image, LOL)

Then, just copy and past it in your post and the picture will show up rather than the small attachment version that you have to click on to view.

By Cubera
BB, you forgot to include resize 640x480.
Remember some of us still have to use dial up sometimes.

Thanks
By rabb
just out of curiosity, I've been reading alot of posts lately that the context lets me know there is a picture that I am not seeing

If everyone replies saying how nice of a picture they saw, (for example, under bass fishing -> march bass! there is a pic I can't see. Any ideas?
By fannybrice
Barnacle Bill wrote:The pic is either too large or you aren't using the [img]pic[/img] correctly.

if pic is large so what we should have to use???
By Night Wing
fannybrice wrote:if pic is large so what we should have to use???

You have to resize the photo. There are quite a few picture resizer sites on the internet. I use this one.

http://resizr.lord-lance.com/

Then I upload it to my Photobucket account and then download it to TKF using the "img" code that Photobucket provides.
By Stevereno
I know how to resize and how to use tinypic, etc. for hosting but how do you post a pic at the board acceptable size formatted so that when you click on it, the full size original image is loaded? I've seen that in the Salt/Fresh forums but don't know how it's done. Probably been explained before but I haven't been on here much in a long time.
By pdt818
With photobucket there is a place to set your uploads to resize to a dimension of your choosing. That way they are already dimensioned and ready for posting
By Night Wing
pdt818 wrote:With photobucket there is a place to set your uploads to resize to a dimension of your choosing. That way they are already dimensioned and ready for posting

I need to look for that. Would make it easier to upload a photo on here without having to resize it first and then do the upload.
By CowboyTX
Hi,

I am an IT guy and I have my own website/domain. I host my photos there and I always resize to 800x600 and then add a smaller 640x480, so the size is not an issue for me. I do, however, have a problem that is generating an error when trying to show a picture here. "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." which is usually indicative of a getsize() error in the config file.

Not asking anyone to fix it.. heh, just curious if you run into this a lot and what, besides hosting at a sign-up place, might you recommend?

Sorry, I hate spam mail and just don't like hosting things where I have to sign up.. but for here.. if that is all there is, I'd do it.. grin.

Thanks guys!

Russ
By lizzrd
looking for answers here also, i got error of pic being too large, says max is 600 but my pic is less than half of others shown (not thumbnails either)
By CaptJack
Resizing photos in Microsoft Paint

How to re-size jpeg photo files on a Windows PC
even if you don't have any type of photo editing program
the program "Paint" is built into the WINDOWS OS operating system.

A full sized jpeg file from my digital camera is 3776 x 2520 pixels.
I need to reduce the size of these files to post them on a message board
or to upload to a photo album / slide-show account like Flickr or Picasa

On a Windows PC machine > Open your Paint program (it's in Accessories)
under "File" > Open - a large, original jpeg photo file

If I go to Image > Attributes - it tells me the pixel size of the file I just opened

I need to make a file that is around 600 pixels wide &or no more than 600 pixels tall.
Using a little simple math,
divide 600 pixels by 3776 pixels and we get a fraction = .1588
which means that 600 pixels is around 16% of 3776 pixels
Using 16% we go to Image > Stretch/Skew
and change both Horizontal & Vertical to 16% > OK

when I look at the Attributes of the new file it reduced it to 605 x 404 pixels
which is perfect for message boards, emails, photo slide-show sites

Now re-name (Save As) this new file !!
Do not save the file by the same name where it is stored now
You will destroy your original large pixel file

By hunterlee5587
I take a lot of pictures with my Samsung Note 2 phone, and have been unable to upload any to this site. I guess I am being a Dumas. I never have problems posting pics on other forums though.
By Johnny5455
hunterlee5587 wrote:I take a lot of pictures with my Samsung Note 2 phone, and have been unable to upload any to this site. I guess I am being a Dumas. I never have problems posting pics on other forums though.

Do you have tapatalk?
Fall bass

Here's a few fish and a nice bass around the 4minu[…]

nothing to it

I like these Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IF the boys are already diehard big trout hard co[…]

Terrific Rollover report, Charlie! And your close[…]