ROTOMOLDED SOLOSKIFF

Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: ROTOMOLDED SOLOSKIFF

Post by Forever Fishing »

That was cool and innovative. Thanks for sharing.
GoDoe wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyytZTQ ... load_owner

We rigged a fan motor on my Solo Skiff. Probably no useful purpose but it was kind of cool anyway.

John
Fishstory

Post by Fishstory »

Went down to Outback and paid for my SoloSkiff. Now I get to wait and wait and wait......Three are sold, the fourth is not actually sold but the guy is interested. Told the owners of Outback that they need to give that guy a call and see if hes going to buy it, they have my money, really hoping that fourth boat on that truck is going to be mine. Officially, I am the fourth paying customer, IMHO, the guy that did not pay can wait. Everyone at Outback was great, everyone was really nice. If I have to wait for the next shipment I understand, but I really don't want to. Did I mention I don't want to wait, like a kid waiting on Christmas morning. :horse:
Fishstory

Post by Fishstory »

Also talked to Tom this morning and there is plans in the works for some optional seating arrangements on the SoloSkiff. I had planned on taking mine down to Coastline Marine and seeing what they could do without killing my wallet. Want to get a supportive seat with backrest that flips up while poling around in the marsh. To date I have not seen any modifications to the seat other than a pad. Will post up picks as soon as I get the new toy.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

With all of the excellent kayak seats that are now available, adding a supportive seat shouldn't be rocket science.

richg99
Fishstory

Post by Fishstory »

I have a bunch of ideas in my head. Everything can be fixed with a little money and a good engineering mind.
tw1nny03

Post by tw1nny03 »

Fishstory wrote:Went down to Outback and paid for my SoloSkiff. Now I get to wait and wait and wait......Three are sold, the fourth is not actually sold but the guy is interested. Told the owners of Outback that they need to give that guy a call and see if hes going to buy it, they have my money, really hoping that fourth boat on that truck is going to be mine. Officially, I am the fourth paying customer, IMHO, the guy that did not pay can wait. Everyone at Outback was great, everyone was really nice. If I have to wait for the next shipment I understand, but I really don't want to. Did I mention I don't want to wait, like a kid waiting on Christmas morning. :horse:
Sorry bro...that 4th solo skiff is mine! Hopefully the shipment will come in tomorrow and I will be picking up the last one on that shipment.
tw1nny03

Post by tw1nny03 »

tw1nny03 wrote:
Fishstory wrote:Went down to Outback and paid for my SoloSkiff. Now I get to wait and wait and wait......Three are sold, the fourth is not actually sold but the guy is interested. Told the owners of Outback that they need to give that guy a call and see if hes going to buy it, they have my money, really hoping that fourth boat on that truck is going to be mine. Officially, I am the fourth paying customer, IMHO, the guy that did not pay can wait. Everyone at Outback was great, everyone was really nice. If I have to wait for the next shipment I understand, but I really don't want to. Did I mention I don't want to wait, like a kid waiting on Christmas morning. :horse:
Sorry bro...that 4th solo skiff is mine! Hopefully the shipment will come in tomorrow and I will be picking up the last one on that shipment.
I've tried numerous times to pay over the phone. Even offered to put down a deposit. Outback said they would for sure hold the 4th soloskiff for me bc im a repeat customer.
creekstone

Post by creekstone »

Sounds like Outback needs to order some more Solo Skiffs!

I look forward to reading some local reviews here on TKF.
tw1nny03

Post by tw1nny03 »

creekstone wrote:Sounds like Outback needs to order some more Solo Skiffs!

I look forward to reading some local reviews here on TKF.
They are ordering more. I think the next shipment comes in 2weeks.
picaroon
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by picaroon »

It is not unusual for some flats boats to be back ordered for over a year. (Curlew, Ibis, Hells Bay, East Cape etc.) this boat is in demand and it will be back ordered for some time. Someone will build a serious Rotomolded flats boat and it will sell like crazy...........and so it goes...
tw1nny03

Post by tw1nny03 »

picaroon wrote:It is not unusual for some flats boats to be back ordered for over a year. (Curlew, Ibis, Hells Bay, East Cape etc.) this boat is in demand and it will be back ordered for some time. Someone will build a serious Rotomolded flats boat and it will sell like crazy...........and so it goes...
Yes. The good part about the rotomolded soloskiff is that is affordable. Pretty much the same price as a pedal drive kayak when adding an outboard to the soloskiff.
Fishstory

Post by Fishstory »

Hey there tw1nny03, I knew if I poked around enough that someone would either be the fourth or know the fourth person. When we all get our skiffs, have to meet up one day and fish. Have you decided on a motor? I guess I have a few more weeks to decide on mine. I just wanted an answer from someone if I was getting one or not on the first load. Congrats on the new SOLO...does anyone know if any of the other three are on TKF?
tw1nny03

Post by tw1nny03 »

Fishstory wrote:Hey there tw1nny03, I knew if I poked around enough that someone would either be the fourth or know the fourth person. When we all get our skiffs, have to meet up one day and fish. Have you decided on a motor? I guess I have a few more weeks to decide on mine. I just wanted an answer from someone if I was getting one or not on the first load. Congrats on the new SOLO...does anyone know if any of the other three are on TKF?
I'm still looking for an outboard. I created a "wtb" post looking for a 2.5 - 5hp outboard. Prob gonna buy a used motor to cut down the cost.
rab3rd

Post by rab3rd »

Are there any Solo skiff groups in the Houston area that gather to do trips and such?
rab3rd

Post by rab3rd »

Are there any Solo skiff user groups in the Houston area? Going to be getting one soon.
tw1nny03

Post by tw1nny03 »

Im not aware of a soloskiff group. I think forever fishing is a pro staff. He offers demos and he did mention getting a group together for a fishing trip.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

After a few guys get their sea legs in the Solos, it won't take any more than a post to get a number together.

And, you will have a bunch of interested bystanders, I imagine.

richg99
rab3rd

Post by rab3rd »

ordered mine yesterday, three weeks out it looks like. Cant wait. Should be comfortable on it just in time for the red run. :o
GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by GoDoe »

What is the price you guys are going to pay for the rotomolded? I have heard different numbers.

As far as the motors I would suggest at least a 4hp. I have the fiberglass Solo and a 3.5 tohatsu. I ran my little 2 hp Yamaha on it one day to test it out. Way to slow, really really way too slow.

The roto's are going to be heavier I believe that is why I say at least a 4 hp. My 3.5 hp on the fiberglass version will do about 10 mph. That is fast enough for me.

John
rab3rd

Post by rab3rd »

1850 + 175 delivery
Fishstory

Post by Fishstory »

Was at Outback today while the third boat was loaded into the owners truck. The product looks great. You guys will see pricing changes due to some shipping changes. From reading forums from Florida to seeing the boats myself and talking to Outback there for sure are issues getting these shipped without a little damage. These problems are being addressed, unfortunately the extra cost of getting these Skiffs safely to the owner was not originally thought to be as complex as it has become. Seeing the product I can assure you that its very much not a Kayak, and the quality of what your getting is much more. A high end Kayak is in the $1500-2800 range depending on the manufacturer. Ordered a 6HP Tohatsu this morning from local dealer in Kemah, very nice people, competitive pricing and they handle the title for you. Same as online price, plus you have a point of contact.

To answer the pricing question, you have to call Outback. Pricing has changes slightly.
rab3rd

Post by rab3rd »

Hmmm, hope mine isn't damaged when it comes in.... My Boonedox truck bed extender came in today. Quality build we will see how it stands the test of time.
Fishstory

Post by Fishstory »

Ill post up when I get mine on the next shipment.
rab3rd

Post by rab3rd »

I think mine will be in that same shipment...
pshay4

Post by pshay4 »

I see the rotomolds ended up weighing 150 lbs with a rating of 400 lbs. What does that 6 hp weigh? I had a hard time finding a 5 that would come in at the 50 lb suggested limit. Would you think that the plastic and fiberglass transoms are equal in strength? I love the fiberglass and wonder how the two will compare. I have noticed that the web site has taken off almost everything fiberglass and is almost solely rotomolded version.