A Personal Note to the WTX Group

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

A Personal Note to the WTX Group

Post by Aggroman »

I'm gonna try to be serious for a second.

For a whole lot of years, this place only had 3 or 4 of us ever in here or that were active at all. So there was always lots of goofiness between us few and we all became friends even outside this place. Most kayak fishing posts were never in here, because....no one was ever in here. I would occasionally add one if I thought BigRock might not see it in the Freshwater forum. We have a new group of guys and don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. I am a serious kayak fisherman. I'm on Pro Staffs, I get sent products, try them out, and then write reviews, I also write articles about this awesome sport. I am currently working on a short film involving kayaking, and am getting flown to Utah in August to cover Outdoor Retailer because of my kayaking affiliations.
Unfortunately, I can't make Saturday morning tourneys because of work, so I can't get out and meet you fellas from West Texas. But I hope to one of these days. So since we have a new group coming in and becoming active in here and that might not understand our shenanigans, I will be on my best behavior in the West Texas Group, and help out wherever I can like I do everywhere else on this site and others. I don't just get on here to make fun of Bill, even though it appears that way....and I do enjoy it. But I hear you fellas, and I don't want to be the guy that turns someone off from this place or makes someone timid about posting here. That would defeat the purpose of what I am trying to do for this sport. I apologize if my goofiness here has caused any of that.

Your most humble servant,
Great Scott of Angelo
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: A Personal Note to the WTX Group

Post by Barnacle Bill »

I'm sponsored by Chippendales and Victoria's Dirty Secret...
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Ok... I'll be serious too..

I used to fish the EEF and TKF tourneys. I fly fished on Team Double Haul in the tourneys. I was sponsored by Aransas Kayak Works (out of business now), Heritage kayaks, etc. Then I formed Team Cuisine to cook for the tourneys.. Then I became a tournament director for Extreme Edge fishing and handled tournaments around Texas and helped out with others that I wasn't the tournament director for.. All of this while I was a police officer with the Austin Police Department... But, I became a detective and work piled up and fishing tourneys and trying to deal with sponsors or would-be sponsors made things not fun......

In addition to founding Team Cuisine.. I also founded the San Marcos/New Braunfels chapter of TKF... The West Texas chapter and another chapter when I lived in Laredo... My uncle founded TOBA and the CCCF (Coalition of Confused Coastal Fishermen) and I sat on the board of the RFA (Recreational Fishing Alliance) representing kayak anglers. Jim Smarr was President of the RFA at that time..

I also attended meetings at the GLO (General Land Office) with Commissioner Patterson regarding TOBA issues and was part of the Save Cedar Bayou/Vinson's Slough group... Mont (2Coolfishing) was at the meetings as well along with several other folks leading the charge for Cedar Bayou to get opened up..

We used to have monthly meetings when I was in San Marcos and I'd invite some fishing rod or kayak gear or kayak rep to our meetings and we'd get free goodies and things were fun.. and still busy.. and then stopped being fun...

Now I work for Texas Park and Wildlife and I fish a lot. Sometimes we fish at work so we can test fishing methods and it's crazy when you get paid to fish like that...

And I live on a 10,000 acre ranch with the river 20 yards from my back door and several stock tanks and a reservoir out here to fish in privately and peacefully...
teenfisherman

Post by teenfisherman »

Barnacle Bill wrote:I'm sponsored by Chippendales and Victoria's Dirty Secret...
Let's keep that secret alright! Hahaha

I didn't realize you two were so busy! I'm glad you can have a good ole time too! Maybe one of these days there can be a big get together and we can all meet the two of ya, until then, keep on having fun!
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Ya know, we always try to have get togethers on a Saturday..

Maybe we need a Tuesday or Wednesday night mixer, say a 6 p.m. one at some place like BWW or Twin Peaks or that new chest hair toupee' place in town.... or Shenanigans.... Shenanigans would have plenty of room on a Tuesday or Wednesday...
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

A lot of the old members stopped posting all together because almost every post never stays on topic. Its all ways the same. It maybe fun and games for you but most people on here have had enough and quit posting then quit TKF all together. We still get out and fish its just all done by tex and or facebook to get the word out. I stop by and see what's going on every now and then but that's it. Since this round has started I have talked to a few that used to post and most have not been on here in a year or two. I was reluctant to post my last two post because I knew what was going to happen and it didn't take long for them to be derailed. The WTX Group could be a helpful and productive place but some changes need to take place first.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

MWS65 wrote:A lot of the old members stopped posting all together because almost every post never stays on topic. Its all ways the same. It maybe fun and games for you but most people on here have had enough and quit posting then quit TKF all together. We still get out and fish its just all done by tex and or facebook to get the word out. I stop by and see what's going on every now and then but that's it. Since this round has started I have talked to a few that used to post and most have not been on here in a year or two. I was reluctant to post my last two post because I knew what was going to happen and it didn't take long for them to be derailed. The WTX Group could be a helpful and productive place but some changes need to take place first.
I agree changes need to be made here. I think the biggest one is me. We do love a good laugh, but most times we take it too far. I'll do my part to encourage rather than the way it normally goes.
lightpole2lightpole

Post by lightpole2lightpole »

well i'm back and i apologize for ever leaving WTX. i'm a coach so i have summers off, ever you fellas need a hand or wanna show me how to really fish ive got the jackson chomping at the bit of getting on the water.
Caseyb329

Post by Caseyb329 »

Got to meet some great guys at the last San Angelo Tourney! Looking forward to going to tourneys the next 2 weekends! Stop by and check out the group Kayak Anglers of West Texas on Facebook! Only Fishing and Kayaking!