Colorado River Open Invite

Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Colorado River Open Invite

Post by Hirsch »

I am planning a 3 day, 2 night trip down the Colorado River from Big Webberville Park to Bastrop's Fisherman's Park Friday through Sunday April 10-12. We will be camping on two sizable islands on way down. I know many of us are familiar with FM 969 to Bastrop. I think the first days trip From Big Webberville to just a few miles short of FM 969 will be new waters to many of you.

Vehicles cannot be left overnight in Big Webberville Park so we will dump equipment and leave passengers to watch equipment as drivers move the vehicles to Bastrop and shuttle back. Look forward to seeing many of you there.
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Re: Colorado River Open Invite

Post by larry long shadows »

I'm trying to make the Plum trip..if I miss that one Ill try and catch this one Thanks for invite
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

count me in.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Permission from boss at home... Check! Permission from boss at work is pending...
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

larry long shadows wrote:I'm trying to make the Plum trip..if I miss that one Ill try and catch this one Thanks for invite
Do both Larry. You can survive two nights I promise!!! :D
DNR

Post by DNR »

I'm planning on making it.
Looking forward to everybody again and meeting some new folks.
Weird1

Post by Weird1 »

If ya'll don't mind I think I can make this one.
DNR

Post by DNR »

Weird1 wrote:If ya'll don't mind I think I can make this one.
Now that's getting the old gang back together.

Where's the rest of ya'll. :mrgreen:
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

I'm here!!! I'm here!!! It's on my calendar..... and it's about time all the old Dawg's got together again! Looking to be a great trip again....
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!
Weird1

Post by Weird1 »

I am excited the last time I went was my first group camping trip, and I learned so much! I cannot wait to see the old gang, and meet some new friends. Thanks Hirsh
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

boss at work approval is done! i'll be there barring any surprises between now and the end of next month and closing on our house.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Looks like a lot of good company building. :D
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

What time are you planning on launching on Friday?
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Usually try to meet between 8:00 and 9:00 and then run the shuttle and launch. I would be happy to see you join us.
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

Thanks Hirsch - nice of you to say. I'd really like to join you folks. One thing that I have wanted to do but have not since I bought my yak is an overnight river trip. Reading the reports from your group and others over the last few years on here has strengthened that desire, and I'm hopeful I might be able to work my schedule to do this trip. Yakke-T (who for those that don't know is my s.o.) wants to experience an overnight too, but has suggested I do the pioneer work for us as a couple and try it first to work out the kinks, figure out the gaps in our equipment, etc...I have always known she is smarter than me.

I have work/family scheduling issues to figure out, which I'm working on. I also need to read up on equipment/supply, and look at what we have vs. what we need and see if the shortfalls can be addressed in a few weeks. I haven't camped out since my kids were - well - kids. There is also the minor issue of my floating plastic chair having developed a persistent small leak - but I could always take Yakke-T's boat.

I've got a little work to do, but I'm optimistic and looking forward to getting out in the river, catching some fish, cooking something that folks would like to eat, and meeting a few of the folks that I've talked to online for the last few years.
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

Mr. Brody just take what you have and go with this group what you forget to take they will share ...just do what Paul does leave your food behind ..if you don't have what you need just say damn I left it at the house or in truck..but if you need a broom and dust pan just go ask Paul.... you will have to have a cup of coffee first ..one more thing when you get close to the island stay close to Paul he finds the best real estate on the Island and is a friendly neighbor ..I'm going to do the Plum this weekend if I can i'll try and do both """PAUL"""... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

Chief Brody wrote: Yakke-T (who for those that don't know is my s.o.) wants to experience an overnight too, but has suggested I do the pioneer work for us as a couple and try it first to work out the kinks, figure out the gaps in our equipment, etc...I have always known she is smarter than me.
Oh, please, please, please encourage her to go!!!!!!!!!! It gets a little old being the only female sometimes and, with her along....I'll have a partner in crime, lol!!!! She'd have a great time!!! BTW, I have lots of extra gear/tents/ even my old Loon 160 that I keep on hand to outfit those who might need. Let me know if there's anything you'd need!
jackh

Post by jackh »

I can't make this one. Post a report after your trip and good luck.
Weird1

Post by Weird1 »

Well it looks like I will not make this one, maybe next time. Sorry I have to back out.
BOPGUNNER

Post by BOPGUNNER »

To much going on at home . Kicking off new project at work . Have fun be safe take pictures.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

One thing I learned along time ago on group camping trips is to bring a good pillow or earplugs.....There's always one, and sometimes it's me (when i'm stuffy) :oops: but I don't implode the tent like a buddy of mine does :lol:

Paul, Do you know where we'll be leaving the vehicles? I know 973 to little web and 969 to fisherman's, but this is an in between stretch, and will be the first time!
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

We will actually leave the vehicles at Fisherman's Park in Bastrop. Is anyone going to have passengers that will be able to watch gear while we shuttle?
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Hirsch wrote:We will actually leave the vehicles at Fisherman's Park in Bastrop. Is anyone going to have passengers that will be able to watch gear while we shuttle?
okay good i was worried about trying to leave vehicles at the 969 bridge! i wont have the mrs this time, but if someone is willing to meet at fishermans and cart me and my stuff back i can stay and run security detail :lol:
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

CruisinPungo wrote:
Hirsch wrote:We will actually leave the vehicles at Fisherman's Park in Bastrop. Is anyone going to have passengers that will be able to watch gear while we shuttle?
okay good i was worried about trying to leave vehicles at the 969 bridge! i wont have the mrs this time, but if someone is willing to meet at fishermans and cart me and my stuff back i can stay and run security detail :lol:
Thanks for volunteering. I will keep it in mind if needed.