2015 Tournaments.

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

2015 Tournaments.

Post by Barnacle Bill »

We're 2 months into 2015 and prime fishing time is about here.

If you're thinking about doing ANY tournaments this year, you need to start posting up the info and get the ball rolling NOW. We have over 150 members so that means you might get 10 to show up for a tournament between kids, school, work, etc.

As a former tournament director for Extreme Edge Fishing, I can give you a few tips:

1. Pick a date and STICK WITH IT! Rain or shine, cold or hot, snow or sand, it doesn't matter. STAY WITH THE DATE!
2. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! Put out the date well in advance!
3. Make it simple. Bring a lure as an entry fee or something simple.
4. CPR - Catch, Photo, Release. Use a unique marker for the photos.
5. Friendly. Keep it friendly. Don't make the prizes too big or you'll get some idiots coming in and joining just to get the goods.
6. Hold it at family friendly locations if possible. Places where the family can come hang out, cook out, play, etc.
7. Have an adults and a kids division. Get the kids involved.
8. Don't give out free lures before the tournament (Earl!!!!) The lure that you give out may be the lure that beats you!
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: 2015 Tournaments.

Post by Bigrock »

9. Have a friend fishing nearby who actually remembers to bring a measuring stick.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

10. Don't invite Aggroman because he is a fisherman's fisherman, a man among men, and these tournaments don't need to be ruined by pros like him. Stay home Aggroman and let someone else win for a change, jerk.

:D
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Bigrock wrote:9. Have a friend fishing nearby who actually remembers to bring a measuring stick.

Very true..
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote:10. Don't invite Aggroman because he is a fisherman's fisherman, a man among men, and these tournaments don't need to be ruined by pros like him. Stay home Aggroman and let someone else win for a change, jerk.

You only win the Arbor Day fishing tournaments, Woody.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Leaf me alone.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Speaking of Earl, has anyone heard from him in a while? Jeez, his last post was March of 2014. I didn't realize it's been that long.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

I crossed paths with him in WalMart just before Christmas. We visited a little while his daughter climbed the stacks of cat food. :lol: He's doing well, showed me his chest zipper. I think his priorities were jostled around a little by his illness. He still comes out to Mertzon park with his kiddos to play around.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

That's good to hear. Thanks Terry.
Lreynolds

Post by Lreynolds »

I'd be interested in fishing some tournaments. Never fished a tournament out of a kayak. Sounds like a lot of fun especially if it's kept small as Barnacle Bill suggested!
HaroldCoulter

Post by HaroldCoulter »

I'd be interested in participating (around San Angelo especially)! I would like to meet some fellow kayak fisherman I can hit the water with as well!
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

I'll fish a tourney! it doesn't even have to be for bass... but don't make us lubbock guys drive all the way to san angelo... please
Andersgear

Post by Andersgear »

Swore I'd not fish tournaments again but these sound fun. I especially like the idea of "CPR" when I was in the clubs I hated seeing a fish get pulled around all day on a stringer. I'm in!!
yakinjunkie

Post by yakinjunkie »

As long as there are no mandatory Friday captains meetings and I can just show up Saturday give the winner my money and start fishing.... I am all in. Having to take off half a day of work on a Friday to drive from Lubbock to the closest water hole diminishes my chances of attending.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

We would have Friday Captain meetings, but no one qualifies. :(
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Bigrock wrote:We would have Friday Captain meetings, but no one qualifies. :(
Not true. As the only qualifying Captain, I still have meetings every Friday. I think this Friday's theme is "Loveboat". I'll be one good lookin' Captain Stubing. Look out ladies.

Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Aggroman wrote:
Bigrock wrote:We would have Friday Captain meetings, but no one qualifies. :(
Not true. As the only qualifying Captain, I still have meetings every Friday. I think this Friday's theme is "Loveboat". I'll be one good lookin' Captain Stubing. Look out ladies.

I apologize Aggro, I totally forgot about that. How did the Captain Kangeroo meeting go last week? Did Bill put in an appearance as Mr. Greenjeans? :D
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

No, the meeting was dismissed early....because he came as Mr. Nojeans and that's against the Captain's dress code.

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote:No, the meeting was dismissed early....because he came as Mr. Nojeans and that's against the Captain's dress code.

I prefer the moniker Mr. Assless Jeans... and the meeting WOULD have been fine if a certain old lady walking down the street hadn't looked in the window and called the police... You ever had to run from the cops in assless jeans? It ain't fun. And the taser darts stick you deep... deeeeeeeeeeep.... Thanks for the help Aggroman, "Let's split up and hope that they go after you".. and then suddenly our legs get "accidentally" tangled up and I'm on the ground and the last I see of him is as he heads off around a building...
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

I don't have to outrun them, I just have to outrun you. And I believe the term you used was Fleshjeans, and that's why you were asked to leave.

Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote:I don't have to outrun them, I just have to outrun you. And I believe the term you used was Fleshjeans, and that's why you were asked to leave.

"Asked" to leave???!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x
yakinjunkie

Post by yakinjunkie »

What the heck are yall talking about. Is this still about tournaments and captains meetings?
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Yeah?! What's up with the tourney thing?
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

:lol: :lol: I don't think there has ever been a thread that has stayed it's course when me and Bill get involved. My apologies, i'll pipe down and let the tourney talk begin again. :D
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Aggroman wrote::lol: :lol: I don't think there has ever been a thread that has stayed it's course when me and Bill get involved. My apologies, i'll pipe down and let the tourney talk begin again. :D

We don't have any tourneys scheduled. LOL.. I'm just saying that IF someone wants to schedule one, they should remember those tips. I'm about to have shoulder surgery so my kayaking days are over until September or October. :( Of course, REAL friends would come, pick me up, bring a tandem kayak, take me out fishing, paddle the kayak for me, cast my line for me, reel in my fish for me and bask in my glory.... I do enjoy the touch of cold plastic on my buttocks when I wear my assless cargo shorts.