Why no TKF presence on Instagram?

el panzon

Why no TKF presence on Instagram?

Post by el panzon »

Been a while since I have logged in to forum here, always a treat and have nothing but good things to say about this awesome organization and the forum.

Having said that, I was wondering WHY there is no presence on Instagram for TKF? Florida Kayak Anglers yes, and many many others as well...but no TKF other than someone with the name but with no activity or followers.

I'm not here to poke anyone in the eye with a stick but I think it would be a worthy effort and much appreciated by the fan base...besides, no better way to see what TKF'ers are up to while in a boring business meeting than sneaking a peak at Instagram!

Thanks for listening. Curious as to what others think.
4x4kayak2112
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Why no TKF presence on Instagram?

Post by 4x4kayak2112 »

I dont use instagram.....TKF is on Facebook. Alot of chat goes on there
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

I'll have to admit I'm not an instagram fan. We have a lot on our plate with lots of plans for the future but none include insta-slam
stryper

Post by stryper »

Lets take a poll, I use tapatalk and nothing else. My .02
Lat22

Post by Lat22 »

Because I'm an adult. I kid! I kid! :lol:
M T Stringer
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by M T Stringer »

-I have instagram for our HOW Chapter, but don't use it for my personal stuff. It's hard enough to remember to post on Instagram and I would rather take pics with my DSLR anyway...much better quality.
-I also have TKF on my phone for tapatalk, but never use it because it is a pain in the ass.
-I am aware of the TKF Facebook group and was a member for a while but backed out of that because it didn't have the content that this site does, and seemed to be mostly new people that I didn't know, asking the same questions over and over, plus no TKF handles.

When I get on TKF, I am on a land based computer, sitting down somewhere, and I can go to/search for specifically what I am looking for. Between my involvement with HOW and current work schedule/assignment, my personal fishing has gone down drastically and I don't spend near as much time on here as I did in the past...I feel like I am past the learning curve and no longer feel the need to post up every time I catch a fish. I just enjoy getting to go out and paddle and not have to worry about editing video, attaching photos, etc.

my $ .02
Plastic paddler

Post by Plastic paddler »

Amen MT!!
CoastieCulture
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CoastieCulture »

I'm still fairly new but I believe TKF is the best for a reason! If it ain't broke don't fix it. The more TKF gets involved with all the other Web stufd then it will affect the forum. I use instagram a lot but I'm glad TKF keeps it reel <><!
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

TKF facebook is turning into a madhouse, I don't know how Stubbs keeps up with it all. As for IG I am on there with my personal hunting and fishing junk @Sahunter _Outdoors
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

TKF facebook is a runaway train wreck...Instagram would be worst ...with tons of dum pictures... and don't forget Twitter
Coachsmills
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Coachsmills »

The problem is there would be no real benefit for TKF to start an Instagram account. All it would do is create more work for one of the mods since they would have to check e-mails to get the pics, then post them, and then monitor what others are commenting to make sure what's being said is appropriate. Most people that would send in their pics more than likely have an Instagram account already and post their pics to it. You might start a thread asking others to post their Instagram user names so that you can follow them to see their pics.

That being said, I have an Instagram account and enjoy posting and viewing pics. I just don't think it would do much for TKF.
JesseCJC

Post by JesseCJC »

I usually just tag galvestonkayakfishing. The person who runs that IG account will repost what they like and that works for me.
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

I agree with you sonny, the core of TKF is the huge wealth of knowledge in the forum and the helpful brotherly stance of posters on here. That is being swept away with the speed of other social media sites. Instagram would not benefit TKF nor the members in any significant way.
lurejunkee
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by lurejunkee »

Not my thing.