Y'all missed some good fish and a demanding paddle Saturday

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Y'all missed some good fish and a demanding paddle Saturday

Post by Prof. Salt »

Young Skywalker and I to the end of the jetties paddled, we did. From the North side of the force the winds were blowing, and biting the fish were not. The force in my Padalin friend was strong, so to the ships we paddled. The fish of kings with me did battle several times as Skywalker looked on. A desire to pull lures he had, but the fish of kings an interest in plastics did not have. Paddle back to the launch two and a half hours it took. Not a journey for the weak padalin it was.

Sorry Skywalker, I couldn't help myself. Actually we had a great day on the water. The waves were not too bad, clarity was not great but good enough, and after a slow start near the jetties, lots of fish were located out near the ships. The trip wasn't especially challenging until we got back to the jetty. The tide was ripping out and jetties were crowded with fishermen. We had to paddle in the channel, and it took us 2.5 hours from the jetty ends to the turn-in at the marina. My blisters have blisters. Surprisingly I feel great today except for my hands barking at me. I hope my new friend isn't discouraged by the tough paddle. I sure didn't see that ferocity in the tide forecast on Friday.

Duweezy

Re: Y'all missed some good fish and a demanding paddle Saturday

Post by Duweezy »

The phone call was classic :lol: I see you brought the large brim hat back. Enjoyed the vid!
Bwells

Post by Bwells »

Looks like fun you had. :clap:
Prof's reject call with message : I'll call you back when I've dispatched this king....and i'm probably doubled up so it may be a while.
Last edited by Bwells on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkBait >*)\\\><(
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by SharkBait >*)\\\><( »

redeemed wrote:Looks like fun you had. :clap:
x2

awesome vid
the phone call was epic
fishinmachine

Post by fishinmachine »

cool.

Cant say I feel too bad about missing the paddle in, though.
hookdem
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by hookdem »

Nice fish and kudos for getting out when most yaks wouldn't.

I was in Destin this weekend, and all I can say is they got it easy down there. Really easy. I didn't miss the long paddle nor the rumbling surf.
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

Nice!! Also, I think I remember seeing the Prof. lose his Santa Cruz hat in his last video. :mrgreen:
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

DumpTruck wrote:Nice!! Also, I think I remember seeing the Prof. lose his Santa Cruz hat in his last video. :mrgreen:
No he didn't! It flew off and the Prof recovered it before the thieving Davey Jones could put it on. I knew this was going to be a long trip to test my sunburn level, so the big hat came out.
DumpTruck

Post by DumpTruck »

Prof. Salt wrote:
DumpTruck wrote:Nice!! Also, I think I remember seeing the Prof. lose his Santa Cruz hat in his last video. :mrgreen:
No he didn't! It flew off and the Prof recovered it before the thieving Davey Jones could put it on. I knew this was going to be a long trip to test my sunburn level, so the big hat came out.

Haha! Right on.
b0okevin

Post by b0okevin »

Nice video prof.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Thanks. It's a challenge with one camera to keep it interesting, but I seem to be making it work while I wait for the replacement to arrive.
jparker

Post by jparker »

One of these days i will get the time to make to corpus and maybe i can meet up with you to hit the MP rigs.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

It was a little discouraging I must admit but primarily because my lures weren't snagging any fish. It ended up being more of a lesson though than a discouragement. I learned that my hardheadedness needs to be beat into submission sometimes, especially when the Master Jedi is slaying kings and I'm not :wink: It was a great workout though and good for building up paddling endurance. I learned a ton and was just happy to enjoy the ocean, the fishing show, and the good company :D

BTW the Yoda impression (and pic) was awesome in this post! I almost posted a reply in the invite thread when you gave that short little report calling you Master Yoda hahaha :lol: Good video and report my friend!