oyster creek at freeport

RN_Fisherman

oyster creek at freeport

Post by RN_Fisherman »

I have a question on where to launch my kayak to fish this spot. I was told I could go behind the crabbing pier and looking at the map it looks theres a road that goes around the back of the crabbing pier. Is this a private area or is there a place to legally park my car and launch the kayak? thanks for any info
maskale

Re: oyster creek at freeport

Post by maskale »

so you want to go to the mouth of the creek?
RN_Fisherman

Post by RN_Fisherman »

Yup around thise areas swan lake or drum bay
maskale

Post by maskale »

You can go down levee road, there is a dirt road that goes to the mouth. Not sure on launching a kayak. I only been there once before I owed a kayak so wasn't paying attention to a launch area.
jlint1988

Post by jlint1988 »

maskale wrote:You can go down levee road, there is a dirt road that goes to the mouth. Not sure on launching a kayak. I only been there once before I owed a kayak so wasn't paying attention to a launch area.
Yes there are several places there you can drop a kayak in the water I fished out there the Friday before last.
SmithFamilyTackle

Post by SmithFamilyTackle »

Cone island road it had a boat ramp. The road is ruff, have a truck. Across the boat ramp is an excellent spot for reds. Do not get out and wade there are coyotes on that side.
There are a lot of mangrove snapper around there
[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/19/esave8u7.jpg[/img]
Were the sail boat is.
Yes I know it's late I have fish fever.
RN_Fisherman

Post by RN_Fisherman »

Thanks for the info
RN_Fisherman

Post by RN_Fisherman »

I finally found this spot it has a video on you tube as well " skinny waters red fish" the area is even accessible to vehicles but its more fun to kayak. I used my canoe with trolling motor today and fished this area. Its a good spot to fish we caught a couple of flounders and dozens of croakers. The waters on swan lake to the left of the boat ramp is rough not good for paddling.
jlint1988

Post by jlint1988 »

RN_Fisherman wrote:I finally found this spot it has a video on you tube as well " skinny waters red fish" the area is even accessible to vehicles but its more fun to kayak. I used my canoe with trolling motor today and fished this area. Its a good spot to fish we caught a couple of flounders and dozens of croakers. The waters on swan lake to the left of the boat ramp is rough not good for paddling.
Where you leaving out of there around 730 if so I probably saw you I was in that area and cruised down levee road
RN_Fisherman

Post by RN_Fisherman »

I left around 4 pm there where 2 of us on a brown canoe