Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival, Houston, TX, Feb. 1, 2014

Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival, Houston, TX, Feb. 1, 2014

Post by Animal Chris »

Dear Fellow Fly Tier,

On June 6th, 2013, we lost a good friend and fly fishing mentor, Dr. Ed Rizzolo. While his contributions to the fly fishing community are many in number, perhaps the longest lasting and most notable of these may be the Annual Fly Tying Festival sponsored by the Texas FlyFishers of Houston. Out of respect for all he taught us and in keeping with our everlasting memory of “Doc”, I would like to let you know we will continue the tradition with the 22nd Annual Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival, on Saturday, February 1st, 2014. The event will once again take place at the Bethany Christian Church, 3223 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas. Around the first of November, we will send out invitations and with more complete information about the event but, we wanted to give you a heads up so you could start making plans and also help us get the word out.

This year’s featured guest will be Charlie Craven, owner and president of Charlie’s Fly Box fly shop in Arvada, Colorado. A longtime South Platte River guide, Charlie has been a commercial fly tier for over thirty years, an excellent photographer and the author of two books, Charlie Craven’s Basic Fly Tying and Charlie’s Fly Box. Charlie is also the “Fly Tyer’s Bench” contributor to Flyfisherman Magazine.

Over the years, the Festival has grown into one of the areas premier events, consistently attracting the top fly tiers from all over the country. This event could not be the success it is without the participation of tiers like you. If you know a tier who might like to attend the event but, might not be on our mailing list, please contact me at Christopher.sumers@Halliburton.com . With your support, we hope that the Festival will continue to grow in size and reputation and that you will once again make plans on being of a great event.

Regards,

Chris Sumers
Event Chairman
Attachments
Craven Festival Bio 10_15_2013.pdf
Charlie Craven Bio
(275.52 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival, Houston, TX, Feb. 1, 2014

Post by Animal Chris »

Here is list of the 1 hour Classroom sessions at the Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival

9:00 am - 10:00 am - Matt Bennett - "Building Better Dry Flies with the Petitjean Magic Tool"
10:00 am - 11:00 am - Charlie Craven - Charlie's Signature Trout Patterns
11:00 am - Noon - Capt. Billy Trimble - Tying the Blind Chicken
Noon - 12:30 pm - Lunch Break
12:30 - 1:30 pm - Fred Hannie – Tying with Monofilament
1:30 - 2:30 pm - Joe Nicklo - Hot Melt Glue as a Fly Tying Component or a Complete Fly
2:30 - 3:30 pm - Charlie Craven - Charlie's Favorite Saltwater patterns
Schedule and presenters subject to change.
Puck

Post by Puck »

And you can't keep me away!

Some of my favorite people are going to be there.

Puck
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

I updated the list of one hour presenters and their programs. I hope be able to make it out to the Festival.
ottert

Post by ottert »

Is there a charge or signup for the classes?
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

Admission gets you in the door and access to the 40+ to the tyers on the floor and all of the classroom sessions, if you want...but, get your seat early, the room fills up in a hurry. Hope to see you there on Saturday.
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Post by hipshot »

If they open the roads I'll be there. We're stuck in Cocodrie, La. The roads are closed and the water supply has been down since yesterday. The RV's rockin' in the wind (40+mph yesterday). But Jeremy showed me some awesome reds........