Beautiful Day with the Kids

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Beautiful Day with the Kids

Post by Aggroman »

I posted this in freshwater, and figured I do it here too.

My wife had to work today, and I needed to get a bunch of things done, but my daughter asked if we could take out her new ,to her, kayak. (My son's old one before the new Prowler) What was I supposed to do? Say no? So we headed to the lake for an afternoon of kayak fishing. It was a gorgeous day to be on the water. She can kayak, she can fish, but put the two together...and she's in the trees, the rocks, the sticks. Reminds me of her old man. :lol: She was all smiles tho. She's learning, we just need to get in some more practice on the water.

Of course, what's a day of kayak fishing without a race. :D

Thanks for coming along,
Scott
Slayton

Re: Beautiful Day with the Kids

Post by Slayton »

Great Share.. Thanks Scott. Seeing pics of you and your kids out is inspiring, mine are 9 and 7. I have been renting, but this year I think I am going to take the kids out if I can find a few old kayaks for sale. Renting is tough solo, lol. Getting three would be bad..

Rusty
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Beautiful Day with the Kids

Post by Aggroman »

Thanks Rusty. There are a lot of good used kayaks out there. The Frenzy was great when I bought it for him at 7. Very stable. We like to paddle a ways when we go out so we upgraded his to the Prowler, but his old one is perfect for her. Main thing with the younger ones is stability, speed will come later. (I did have a tow rope in case she got too tired, but didn't have to use this time.) Good luck!

Scott