3rd Annual LLM Kayak Fishing Tournament **UPDATED**

ubcaptaindude
Location: U.B. Captain Kayaks, S.P.I., Dealer for Hobie, Ocean, Necky, and Santa Cruz Kayaks

3rd Annual LLM Kayak Fishing Tournament **UPDATED**

Post by ubcaptaindude »

Here are the official times and dates for the upcoming Tournament. Sorry for the changes. We have been working really hard to make this years tournament a huge one filled with even more prizes and twice the fun. Hope to see you here

3rd Annual U.B. Captain LLM Kayak Fishing Tournament Info:

Tournament Day: Saturday and Sunday, September 7th and 8th.
Start Time: Saturday 7:00 am to 6:00pm, Sunday 7:00 am to 1:00pm
End Time: 15 min. grace period each day to have fish and weigh in location
Launch Location: Contestants will be able to launch anywhere on South Padre Island.
Entry Fee: $75 per person
Captain's Meeting: Friday, September 6th, Claytons Bar and Grill, S.P.I.
Where: Claytons Bar and Grill, S.P.I.
Time: 7:00 pm - when the party is over

Texas Slam
Grand Prize - 2014 Hobie Pro Angler
2nd Place - Accent Diamond HE Carbon Fiber Paddle
3rd Place - Stohlquest PFD

Redfish
1st Place - 2014 Hobie Outback
2nd Place - AT Paddles Fish Stick Paddle
3rd Place - Stolquest PFD

Speckled Trout
1st Place - Hobie Quest 13
2nd Place - AT Paddles Fish Stick Paddle
3rd Place - Stohlquest PFD

Redfish Spot Challenge
1st Place- Hobie Stake Out Pole

Largest Catfish- Kayak (Surprise), yes the one who comes back with the largest catfish will win a kayak. Who would of thought.

RAFFLE KAYAK- HOBIE QUEST 11 WILL BE GIVEN AWAY, ALL ANGLERS REGISTERED IN TOURNAMENT ARE AUTOMATICALLY REGISTERED FOR THIS RAFFLE, ONLY PARTICIPANTS IN THE TOURNAMENT WILL PARTICIPATE IN THIS RAFFLE TO INSURE THAT AN ANGLER WINS THIS HOBIE.

Rules:
Redfish Division
ONE Redfish (20 - 28 inches)
-one redfish per person can be turned in*

Speckled Trout Division
ONE Speckled Trout (15 - 25+ inches)
- one speckled trout per person can be turned in*

Texas Slam
LONGEST Stringer of ONE Redfish, ONE Speckled Trout, & ONE Flounder combination*

Redfish Spot Challenge
ONE legal sized redfish with the most spots wins prize
-can also enter "spot challenge redfish" for Redfish category*

Scoring will be based on combined LENGTH of one legal sized fish per category. *No oversized/undersized fish for any category*

*If there is a tie in length, then the separation of tie will be based on the earliest entry of fish by competitor*

*EACH COMPETITOR CAN ONLY WIN ONE CATEGORY TO ENHANCE THE CHANCES OF WINNING FOR OTHER ANGLERS*, BUT YOU CAN ENTER MULTIPLE CATAGORIES WITH YOUR FISH TO BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
-For more information contact:

Tony @ U.B. Captain Kayaks
Phone Number - (956) 761-1669
Complete set of Rules and Regs including waiver will be sent to each participant thru email once angler has paid. Anglers can call or come by U.B. Captain to pay entrance fee. 956-761-1669
basically we are going by last years rules and regs with a few modifications, but our tournaments focus will continue to be that all of the participants have an awesome time and win some awesome prizes. Thanks again.
ubcaptaindude
Location: U.B. Captain Kayaks, S.P.I., Dealer for Hobie, Ocean, Necky, and Santa Cruz Kayaks

Re: 3rd Annual LLM Kayak Fishing Tournament **UPDATED**

Post by ubcaptaindude »

Prizes will be on display all weekend at Clayton's, they will be having music, food, beer, and more beer all weekend. let's have some fun. For people wanting to stay at the island during the tournament, I have rooms set aside at the INN on South Padre(formerly Howard Johnson) at $69 per night. give them a call at 956-761-5658 for a reservation.
5moreminutes
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by 5moreminutes »

That's some good prizes.
fishingoncredit88

Post by fishingoncredit88 »

wow i think i might delay my vacation a week and try to win an awesome new yak!!
ubcaptaindude

Post by ubcaptaindude »

Very excited, we will be having Ty from 30 miles out coming over and filming the tournament, we will also be having Ty at the Captains meeting giving out goodies and meeting all the participants. Can't wait, Clayton's Bar and Grill is really going all out for the meeting, including live bands and all, So who is ready to win some awesome yaks? Phone registration is still going on, give us a call at 956-761-1669. Thanks and hope to see ya soon
bobbyp2010

Post by bobbyp2010 »

Can we register the day of the tournament? or the Night before?
ubcaptaindude

Post by ubcaptaindude »

Hello to all, very excited about this weekend, registration will continue up to 7 am Saturday, the day of the tourney. Any questions please call me, thanks again. Tony 956-761-1669
fishingoncredit88

Post by fishingoncredit88 »

will the weather have an effect on the tourny?