Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir power plant to reopen?

texnyakker

Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir power plant to reopen?

Post by texnyakker »

Found this news article saying they could start operating the power plant again. I guess that means they could start stocking reds here again? That would be awesome as I can't ever make it to the coast.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Moth ... vice=phone
Wag

Re: Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir power plant to reopen?

Post by Wag »

Hope you are right...I get to the coast as often as I can because I never really learned to fish in freshwater.
Onelgbass

Post by Onelgbass »

From the article it is gas turbine not steam. Might not be pulling water for cooling. Booooo
TexAg09

Post by TexAg09 »

I'd be ok with that, but I hear the reds wreck havoc on the other fish (esp crappie). Growing up 5mins from there I never really fished it a lot, but if they stocked reds I would def become more familiar with it's waters. I mostly fished Mart lake growing up. (Mainly because no one was ever there, and no one was ever there because there isn't great fishing...imagine that! Haha!)
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

I sure hope the get it re-stocked with reds. I fished Fairfield for many years before the big kill got most of the reds. I know the reds really compete with other fish but I will tell you that Fairfield had some of the best bream and crappie fishing also during the hayday of the reds. The bream were some of the largest you will find around Texas and the crappie were harder to find the right stump but when you did it was on fire.

I will see if I can contact someone with TPWD and inquire about their plans for Trading House.

SYOTW,
Earl
CityByTheSeaCitizen
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CityByTheSeaCitizen »

Onelgbass wrote:From the article it is gas turbine not steam. Might not be pulling water for cooling. Booooo
All turbines, coal, gas, or nuclear are cooled with water. The new plant will defiantly cycle lake water.