Upcoming Lake Fork trip

hollywood82

Upcoming Lake Fork trip

Post by hollywood82 »

Well next week Im will be picking up a 12' Nucanoe Frontier and going to take my dad out to Lake Fork. I have never fished this lake and it has been a long time since my farther fished this lake so looking for any info like good place to launch and what are the bass keying on right now. No a few weeks back Im pretty sure it was this site but havent seen it again that there was a kayak guide service for Lake Fork. Be nice to have some one that knows the lay of the land hell if there is any of yall that would care to join us that would work to. But I have taken vacation 5/30 - 6/6 so as of right now havent set a date during that time but plan on at least a two day trip. So anything you guys might have would be great. Thanks
Wolfmann

Re: Upcoming Lake Fork trip

Post by Wolfmann »

Let Me know when you guys are coming to the lake I would like to hook up with you for a day.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

will do. what days would you be good to go? Still trying to figure out what two day we are going to go being the fact that Memorial weekend is the weekend before we are going I know the lake will take a couple of days for the fish to pick back up. So I been thinking Friday and Saturday maybe if the old man can handle turn it in to a Sunday as well. Guess the big thing is where to put in at so we can hit some good spots with out paddling across the lake. Been looking at places to stay on the lake and looks like theres few places. Lake Fork Ranch Resort, The Marina, Lake Fork Resort, Popes Landing, Shorty's, and Lake Fork Cabins. Which all of them are on the West side of the lake. Then on the East we have, Oak Ridge, Quail Hollow, and Hook Line and Sinker. Anyone stayed at any of these locations? Then any info anyone has on fishing the last few weeks would be a big help.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubb ... ost8936947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man I cant wait
Wolfmann

Post by Wolfmann »

I live on the west side (Emory) of the lake and would say Lake Fork Marina would be a good place to stay. It has a great Restaurant, clean rooms and a sandy bank to put the kayak in. As for the best days make sure you check the the tournament schedules there is one every other weekend and that makes it crowded and some what unsafe. Some guys just have no sense once they get on the water.
CityByTheSeaCitizen
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CityByTheSeaCitizen »

Most of the boat ramps are near bridges that have rip-rap. I always have good luck fishing where timber is near that riprap. I fish both the timber and riprap. Early morning on topwaters, and soft plastics when the surface activity dies.

I have only tried this 3 or 4 times in my life, so take that advice for what it is worth.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

Well left houston at 4 this morning should be on the water by 9 ill give yall a update tonight
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

Well wind never stopped today. Was 12 to 24 mph after hour to two my farther couldnt take it any more and I had to tow him back to the cabin. I paddled a cross the lake to find a a area out of the wind and only had one bite which I landed but i have see blue gill bigger then this bass. so I went out deep tied myself off to a tree and fished and nothing. Hoping tomorrow will have less win and more bites.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

Well back at the room my farther for a break for my dad. But I caught 2 biggest being 3.4 lbs on a rattle trap and my dad caught 1 but it was a channel cat on a crank bait so he didnt strike out but wasnt what he was looking for. There was a bass tournament going on and we had bass boat after bass boat with on in the creek we were in to get out of the wind. But I never sow another person catch a thing. going to trailer the kayak back over to the creek later this after noon and give it another shot.
Wolfmann

Post by Wolfmann »

Where are you guys staying at? Its been a busy day and that wind has been nice to work in but I can imagine it was bad on the yak.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

Lol wolfman you know that this is the same guy from texas fishing forum or there someone on there by the name wolfman I have been talking to as well lol
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

We went back out at 4 but during our break the front came in and the wind is now out of the north. Fished from 4 to 830 and never had a bite
Banjo Ed

Post by Banjo Ed »

I have done some good at mustang creek with my two man bass buggy. I stayed at mustang resort there. Had some good trips there.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

Well started off the day with a long paddle to get around the bridge to get out of the wind. once we made it to the island we were going to fish I had two get off my rattle trap with in the 1st ten cast. we moved out to the point were a line of bass boats are stacked drop shoting every tree that is in 18 feet of water. So we stayed in side 15. we had a hit every now and again but nothing strong enough to set the hook during this time my dad did not let a enough line out when he dropped his anchor so he drifted past a tree and got stuck i did everything I could think of to get it out but the tree won. so we paddled to the side of the island that wasnt facing the main lake I had a couple of fish hit my chatter bait but they never hit the hook just bite down on the skirt and grub I had as a trailer. So its 3 now we been on the water since 6 and my dad still hasnt caught a bass. He is beat so I tow him back all the almost 2 miles back to the ramp. I set each of us up with a Alabama rig to troll. figure its a sure way for him to finally catch something. Nope he never had a bite. me on the other had caught a 3 lbs and 13 oz and a 4 lbs 6 oz largemouth. had three goals for this trip. !st get my farther out of his recliner, Check. 2nd get him on the water, Check. 3rd have him beat his personal best which he says just over 3 lbs. FAIL. And I thought that would be the easy one. have tomorrow morning to fishing and that will end our time here on Lake Fork but when we head out Im thinking Im going to make a side trip to Lake Raven since I know it better and get him his 3 ponder.
hollywood82

Post by hollywood82 »

Well went out this morning I caught one lmb off a white chatter bait that was just over 3 lbs and a 3 lbs channel cat off the same bait. But my farther struck out. Even with the poor outing we had a good time out here and already talking about making another trip in the fall. But this time take a guided trip one of the days we are there. But cant say enough about where we stayed at Collins landing. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable. I travel for work so I have been in some places that didnt even cone close to this room and the price. Vance is the owner of the property he runs the location with his wife they both were very helpful. After a long day fishing and and him hearing the day we had he offered to take us out that evening out to a spot that the strippers normally run. They even offered to pick us up tackel while they were heading into town. When we come back we will be returning to Collins Point.
hunterlee5587

Post by hunterlee5587 »

Fished Fork yesterday.

Arrived and put in the water around 9am, the water was calm still, no wind. Slightly overcast. Saw a lot of surface activity. Put in at Rolling Fork, on the East side of the lake.

Fished for an hour no bite. The wind picked up a little bit, I moved around and covered 80 percent of this cove over the course of several hours. Water temperature read 87 degrees. Greatest depth I observed was 26ft.

Fished from 9 to 230 no bites. Used every bait in my aresenal, every color of the rainbow spinnerbait, texas rigged worm, drop shot, nada. This can be atttributed to a variety of factors, including but not limited to the weather, water temperature, it being summer time, and the fishing pressure.

These are my Lake Fork findings for 6-5-13. No fish, but had an awesome time kayaking across Fork, and getting stuck and unstuck on a stump.