Nucanoe Frontier 12

promark03

Nucanoe Frontier 12

Post by promark03 »

So, I finally got my Nucanoe Frontier out on the water and caught my first fish with it. I sold my Jackson Cuda 14 so get this one. I picked it up at MOC kayak in Austin. They had a demo that I tried out and I loved it, so I got one. After fishing out of it yesterday, I absolutely love this thing. I was fishing in Lake Austin, and even with all of the power boats zooming past me, It never once felt unstable. It tracks really straight, and maneuvers really well. It isn't the fastest boat out there, but if I need to go long distances, I will just put a trolling motor on it. The swivel seat made a huge difference too. When the wind would blow me in a different direction, I would just turn the seat to face the direction I am casting. I was really surprised how stable the boat was even when I was facing sideways in my seat. I am really happy with the Nucanoe Frontier and look forward to fishing out of it a lot in the near future.
Attachments
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1020.JPG
Last edited by promark03 on Sun May 05, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
promark03

Re: Nucanoe Frontier 12

Post by promark03 »

a few more pics
Attachments
IMG_1027.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Glad you like it. They certainly are an interesting yak/boat. The ability to add a motor is great.

One thing..be sure to keep your MSO (manufacturer's Statement of Origin), that should have come with the boat, handy. If you want to register the boat in TX to add a trolling motor, you will need it.

One other question..I noticed the two wheels at the stern. Did they come with the boat, or is that something that you rigged up? thanks Rich
vanjr
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by vanjr »

Love the seat that swivels. I was just getting ready to ask how hard it is to move and saw the wheels. Looks like a fun fishing machine!
promark03

Post by promark03 »

richg99 wrote:One thing..be sure to keep your MSO (manufacturer's Statement of Origin), that should have come with the boat, handy. If you want to register the boat in TX to add a trolling motor, you will need it.
Yeah, I already registered it. It was a pretty simple process. All they needed was the HIN and the receipt. Oh yeah, they also needed a picture of the Hull ID number which I had on my phone, or you can just bring the boat with you.
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Hmmmm No MSO???? Each office must have different rules! Rich
SkunkKing

Post by SkunkKing »

Yeah all I needed is HID and bill of sale from previous owner. Which if it was never registered its a kayak so I'm I'm sure you can make your own bill of sale if you never got one lol
promark03

Post by promark03 »

I had the MSO but they didn't use it. It's weird how they can do things differently at each location. I went to the headquarters here in Austin.
bearkat9293

Post by bearkat9293 »

Welcome to the NuCanoe family. You will enjoy it. If you have any question on rigging or anything just let me know and maybe I can help you out. I have transducer arm/console build on my Team NuCanoe page if you are interested in adding a ff.
promark03

Post by promark03 »

bearkat9293 wrote:Welcome to the NuCanoe family. You will enjoy it. If you have any question on rigging or anything just let me know and maybe I can help you out. I have transducer arm/console build on my Team NuCanoe page if you are interested in adding a ff.
Thanks, bearkat. I think I will be putting the scupper mount transducer on my boat. I do like the arm because it is easily removable, though.
joho5

Post by joho5 »

how does this thing paddle and track compared to the big tandem kayaks like a jackson tuna or something similar?
Tireseus

Post by Tireseus »

joho5 wrote:how does this thing paddle and track compared to the big tandem kayaks like a jackson tuna or something similar?
I cant compare to other tandems but it paddles better than anything else i have been in.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

I love the fact that you can put a regular boat swivel seat in a Nucanoe, and the flat wide floor.
Slap a trolling motor on the back or paddle, it don't get any better than that! :clap:
promark03

Post by promark03 »

joho5 wrote:how does this thing paddle and track compared to the big tandem kayaks like a jackson tuna or something similar?
I haven't paddled the big tandems, but I did have a Jackson Cuda. With the Nucanoe, it starts tracking really straight once you build some speed up. If you are going slow it bobs around a little. I would say that, at speed, it tracks as straight as my Cuda. It really surprised me when I went to test it at the kayak shop. I couldn't believe that a boat that wide, and short could track the way it did. If you watch videos on the Nucanoe website, they talk about why it tracks the way it does.
tw1nny03

Post by tw1nny03 »

What size/thickness are the aluminum angles for the seat base you made?