Bow-fishing From a Kayak?

Tomkat07

Bow-fishing From a Kayak?

Post by Tomkat07 »

Do any of you guys/gals bow fish from a kayak?
ShamusW

Re: Bow-fishing From a Kayak?

Post by ShamusW »

Always planned to, but haven't yet. Seriously going to try this summer at Konawa since I can't spearfish there. Lots of carp and gar with plenty of shallow flats.
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

Yeah I have been bow fishing a couple times. It is fun. But not from a yak.
Shadow_Fox

Post by Shadow_Fox »

I do every so often. I have the WS Ride 135 so standing in it is not a problem. I don't think i could pull a shot sitting down so well.
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

I am set up and ready to go, but have not done it yet. My son has some friends that do it, and they slaughter the big carp. I was on Conroe last weekend and did not see much shallow water activity, but its coming...
christian

Post by christian »

I have. Although the bow I was using was for a righty and I'm a lefty.I had to stand. The glair on the water. Fun, I need practice.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

WoodsWaterSky wrote:I am set up and ready to go, but have not done it yet. My son has some friends that do it, and they slaughter the big carp. I was on Conroe last weekend and did not see much shallow water activity, but its coming...
Paddle south from the 1375 bridge. There were carp everywhere back in the little sloughs. Also on the northeast side of the 1097 bridge is a big flat that was also holding several carp.
Jimbo_47
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jimbo_47 »

christian wrote:I have. Although the bow I was using was for a righty and I'm a lefty.I had to stand. The glair on the water. Fun, I need practice.
Wear polaroid sunglasses for the glare, and aim an inch or two below the fish and you'll see you're hits improve.
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

Fargus wrote:
WoodsWaterSky wrote:I am set up and ready to go, but have not done it yet. My son has some friends that do it, and they slaughter the big carp. I was on Conroe last weekend and did not see much shallow water activity, but its coming...
Paddle south from the 1375 bridge. There were carp everywhere back in the little sloughs. Also on the northeast side of the 1097 bridge is a big flat that was also holding several carp.
You got that right! I saw a lot of them, and some really big ones there last year. That is what inspired me to set up a bow.
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

I wish they would allow bow fishing on lake houston again.
You can't even do it in luces bayou. And the gar are over running the place eating up game fish.
People are trying to get it opened again. However the state doesn't own the lake anylonger. It's the city.
They could definitely improve the fishing conditions by allowing bowfishing again.
Also noticed there is tilapia on the lake. I caught a couple in a cast net 2 years ago. No telling how many it has.