3/8 TC/fatboys

pinnaclecaster

3/8 TC/fatboys

Post by pinnaclecaster »

Met pearlandsharkfisher at 6 am at the dike. Started out at the mosquito Island point casting live shrimp on cork and bottom with nothing but one nibble. Working our way over to skyline with nothing biting. So my ADD kicked in about 8:30 and decided to leave the dike and head to fatboys launch (left pearlandsharkfisher at the dike sorry) to my spot that has been producing reds and black drum. Launched at 9:30 got to my spot and that's when the wind picked up pretty hard and after finally got my anchor to set stared casting live shrimp finally got the red in the picture was to close to call with 20" to keep but he fought like it had a wife and kids. That was the only fish that was interested in my shrimp so I packed up and started the hard paddle back to the ramp.

Wind- 14 mph out of east
Water temp-60-65
Water clarity-clear and green
Bait- live shrimp
Tackle- shimano Solstace 2500 on 7' medium heavy rod with popping cork with #2 circle hook
Kayak-2013 lime green ride 135
GPS coordinates-? Do not have a GPS sorry

Hope this is detailed enough and don't get accused of being a 2cool report :lol: :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
HawgLife
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: 3/8 TC/fatboys

Post by HawgLife »

pinnaclecaster wrote:Met pearlandsharkfisher at 6 am at the dike. Started out at the mosquito Island point casting live shrimp on cork and bottom with nothing but one nibble. Working our way over to skyline with nothing biting. So my ADD kicked in about 8:30 and decided to leave the dike and head to fatboys launch (left pearlandsharkfisher at the dike sorry) to my spot that has been producing reds and black drum. Launched at 9:30 got to my spot and that's when the wind picked up pretty hard and after finally got my anchor to set stared casting live shrimp finally got the red in the picture was to close to call with 20" to keep but he fought like it had a wife and kids. That was the only fish that was interested in my shrimp so I packed up and started the hard paddle back to the ramp.

Wind- 14 mph out of east
Water temp-60-65
Water clarity-clear and green
Bait- live shrimp
Tackle- shimano Solstace 2500 on 7' medium heavy rod with popping cork with #2 circle hook
Kayak-2013 lime green ride 135
GPS coordinates-? Do not have a GPS sorry

Hope this is detailed enough and don't get accused of being a 2cool report :lol: :lol:
Haha I didn't even get another nibble out at TC, it was nice meeting you and tx prowler though! I spoke to the guy in the hobie that was at the little pocket close to shore when we were both leaving, he said he picked up a 24" red, and some dandies, his exact words were, "I did alright." I was thinking alright?! I woulda killed for that red haha, besides that it was nice testing the new T120 and FF. Hope to see y'all out on the water soon!
CptSavAMullet
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CptSavAMullet »

Great Report. esp. the 2kewl reference pretty funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: No No No we need more info. What type of paddle, paddle speed, 2 paddles on the left then 1 on the right or vice versa. :lol:
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

That red needs a break until fall and will have some good cooking! Nicely done!
pinnaclecaster

Post by pinnaclecaster »

mpg2yahoo wrote:That red needs a break until fall and will have some good cooking! Nicely done!
Yeah it was right at 20" but don't really eat redfish all that much so I didn't care about letting him swim another day at least I slimed my ride the first day out