Faytte report 11-11-2012

Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Faytte report 11-11-2012

Post by Forever Fishing »

For some reason I'm always a bit surprised at all the great people I continue to meet while kayaking/fishing. There is just something about being in it together that seems to bring the best out in people. And though we didn't have numbers of people we definitely had quality. Suicide-D and his wife, GearHead, AyJay and an old friend of mine visiting from Africa (and never been on a yak before newb) braved the windy Fayette Reservoir. The bite was slow but that didn't seem to bother anyone as we searched for the bass. I think everyone hooked up at least one with a few of us found fish here and there.
Gear Head getting ready to find those picky bass.
Gear Head getting ready to find those picky bass.
Frog bass.
Frog bass.
We had a great visit and made a nice connection with the new Park Manager Gary Haggerty. Real nice guy who told me to let you all know that they "..love to see kayakers on Fayette".
PB100016.JPG
Poor AyJay had a trailer mishap and lost some gear. He drove back down the road to search for it and we didn't see him return. I hope he found his gear and made it back home safe.

Thanks for packing up the camp site AyJay and "Yes everything was there.

We got blown off the lake as the wind gusts easily hit 20 knots. Made it home around 6pm and we were all pretty dang tired!

Thanks to everyone who came out and let's do it again soon!
Suicide-D

Re: Faytte report 11-11-2012

Post by Suicide-D »

Glad to hear everything was there. Your canopy almost blew in the lake. I retrieved it, closed it up, and stuck it under the picnic table. I was worried someone might borrow it.

It was nice meeting you Brice. I look forward to fishing with you again. I posted a pic of the skinny fish I caught in the other thread.

Thanks
Darryl
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Couple more pics:
Yes we drink beer sometimes.
Yes we drink beer sometimes.
David taking in the sites:
David taking in the sites:
PB100019.JPG
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Ahh.. Suicide-D THANK YOU for packing up the canopy and other gear.

Glad to make your acquaintance.
AyJay
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by AyJay »

Yeah, I drove back about 30 miles, and found 2 of my trailer extension arms and one tackle box with my bass plastics in it. Unfortunately, I did lose my spare tire, a collapseable net, one tackle box with my buzz baits and some other inexpensive stuff, and the real killer and reason I didn't try to fish: My Werner carbon/fiberglass paddle... That sucker will cost ~$300 to replace. I looked pretty hard for it along the side of the road, but I'd have to assume someone saw it laying there and picked it up, or it slid off the road into the grass and would be nearly impossible to find without walking 40 miles of highway.

Oh well... Now I have to save up and buy a replacement, or maybe even a full carbon paddle. At least I got to watch A&M beat Bama.

Glad the fishing went well.
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

AyJay wrote:.. and the real killer and reason I didn't try to fish: My Werner carbon/fiberglass paddle... That sucker will cost ~$300 to replace. I looked pretty hard for it along the side of the road, but I'd have to assume someone saw it laying there and picked it up, or it slid off the road into the grass and would be nearly impossible to find without walking 40 miles of highway.

Oh well... Now I have to save up and buy a replacement, or maybe even a full carbon paddle. At least I got to watch A&M beat Bama.

Glad the fishing went well.
Man that one does hurt! I'd would be heart broken if I ever lost my Werner!

I wouldn't say the fishing went well it was real slow....I would say the trip went well and I really enjoyed the company.

So sorry about your gear....
eyc0r

Post by eyc0r »

Glad you all had a great time... Cool pics and thanks for sharing...

Between a wine dinner, picking up the MIL from the ER, Chinatown, God-son's football game, birthday dinner, an early Thanksgiving dinner, and the Texans game, I just couldn't get away....

Now that I think about it, wife didn't cook dinner once this weekend! haha...

Let's do the next one at GISP! :)