Jackson Big Tuna

JeffG.

Jackson Big Tuna

Post by JeffG. »

Does anyone know where to buy the Jackson Big Tuna around Houston? Any thoughts on this new boat? I fish from a Native Manta Ray now and am interested in a tandem.
Thanks guys!
Jeff
EdK

Re: Jackson Big Tuna

Post by EdK »

I hear they sell them n' Texas. :D http://jacksonkayak.com/dealers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DLCrouch

Post by DLCrouch »

JeffG. wrote:Does anyone know where to buy the Jackson Big Tuna around Houston? Any thoughts on this new boat? I fish from a Native Manta Ray now and am interested in a tandem.
Thanks guys!
Jeff
FTU here in Houston, but I'd suggest a trip to TG Canoe in San Marcos. They can set up a demo ride - great folks.
JeffG.

Post by JeffG. »

Thanks for the reply. I usually just lurk around here, but knew this was the place for answers! Does anyone have an opinion about the Tuna? I was getting real close to buying an Ultimate tandem, but the Tuna has caught my eye.
Pros: self bailing, as oppossed to the Ulitimate.
Cons: pretty heavy.

Looking for a tandem/solo to keep the wife happy!

Once I decide, I will have a Native Manta Ray and a Red fish that need a new home.
thetango9r
Location: Portland, TX www.yakshackllc.com www.facebook.com/yakshackllc

Post by thetango9r »

Come to the Yak Shack in Portland, Texas. We have 3 and can put you on the water any day that we are open for a demo or full day of fishing from it. If you end up wanting one we can make arrangements to meet you. PM and will give you the number. I do not wanna infringe on TKF posting rules.
vanjr
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by vanjr »

Big tuna could be a great addition to the fleet. Keep the manta ray for days by yourself-its definitely a lighter load:)
JeffG.

Post by JeffG. »

pm sent
chicken...

Post by chicken... »

JeffG. wrote:Looking for a tandem/solo to keep the wife happy!
A tandem will either bring you closer together or result in a divorce :lol: , just saying. . . . .

Hope it does work out for you though, nothing better than your wife fishing with you (every now and then!)

Happy Fishin'
chicken :wink:
CANADA

Post by CANADA »

FTU does..
JeffG.

Post by JeffG. »

HAHA...
Yes, I have heard that a tandem is a marriage killer! But if your going to ruin a marriage, might as well do it on the water in a yak. Thus, the need to convert one to a solo...if need be. :wink:
I still can't find enough info about the TUNA. I am looking at the Hobie Odyssey. Any thoughts?