Alabama/ Umbrella Rig for white bass?

sdwilson

Alabama/ Umbrella Rig for white bass?

Post by sdwilson »

Seeing the A-rig online got me thinking do yall know of anyone who uses them for whitebass. (my experience with whitebass has been limited to accidental catches in a cast net but plan on fishing the sommerville run this year.)
bboren
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Alabama/ Umbrella Rig for white bass?

Post by bboren »

Anytime throwing $40 worth of lures out at one time is not feasible for me. That is a massive about of stuff flying through the air. I get the concept, a baby school of baitfish swimming through the water but for me I will stick to the basics. I have heard alot about this topic lately, and it apparently does catch fish, but one hang up in the trees or grass would ruin my day. LOL Personal experience I have none, I have only seen it on videos and I cannot come to the thought of me throwing that much stuff at one time. Let us know if you do try it and I will be checking on this topic for those who have tried it.
Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Harold Ray »

http://www.bassmaster.com/tips/its-new- ... labama-rig" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'd just have to try it and see. Sticks, stumps, underwater debris, and you're probably hung up and jumping in to retrieve your gear, but I can see the point.

Ray
eweberdc
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by eweberdc »

It's a great idea for whites. I've been thinking of putting together a DIY a rig.
sdwilson

Post by sdwilson »

i wouldn't spend 40 either, i was looking a a DIY set up .