R&R

Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

R&R

Post by Pogo »

Stands for Repair & Refinish. Gotta do it every so often. It's a PITA, but such a joy when it all comes back together.

Ahhh, now to take 'er out and abuse her and scratch her up and let her bake in the sun forever and ........... well, see ya next time around. :roll:
Attachments
shiny.jpg
shiny.jpg (29.7 KiB) Viewed 6343 times
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: R&R

Post by Iamdamoder »

Wow,
What nice tumblehomes you have there. I really like a boat with hips. :wink:
neon14

Post by neon14 »

Man that is a beautiful boat. I have to agree. Nice hips :D
Shadow_Fox

Post by Shadow_Fox »

WOW, that is a really nice ride. Must have taken a good deal of time (and beer) to complete. Really nice workmanship on it, I agree I like the "hips" on her as well.
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

Thanks fellas! But check out Dogpaddlin's now -- it's the same design, but his makes mine look like a dog to be paddlin'. :lol:

It's a NW Canoes Merlin, BTW. Mine was built from the old hand-drawn plans you had to buy, but now the plans are CAD ....... and 100% free, and that's what DP used. So it seems Toby does everything better than me. I hate him. 8)

http://www.shop.northwestcanoe.com/Nort ... 947203.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shadow_Fox

Post by Shadow_Fox »

Nice wood work, but why put a replica fish in the boat??? :lol:
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

No, no, no ..... that's a guaranteed genuine yeller cat (see 'im yellin'?). Ya want a wood boat with replicas decorating it? THIS is a wood boat with replicas on it:

Or not. Get in front and take yer chances...... :shock:
Dogpaddlin

Post by Dogpaddlin »

Pogo wrote:Thanks fellas! But check out Dogpaddlin's now -- it's the same design, but his makes mine look like a dog to be paddlin'. :lol:

It's a NW Canoes Merlin, BTW. Mine was built from the old hand-drawn plans you had to buy, but now the plans are CAD ....... and 100% free, and that's what DP used. So it seems Toby does everything better than me. I hate him. 8)
Damn, I knew I should have taken pictures of the Merlins next to each other the last time we went out! Now no one is going to believe YOURS is the ugly duckling! :wink:

All kidding aside, I would not (1) have built this boat if it weren't for Pogo and (2) mine would not have turned out nearly as nice as it did with out his tutoring and putting up with my constant ,and sometimes stupid, questions. For every post and update I did here on the BBF, there were probably a half dozen emails sent behind the scene.
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

Half a dozen??? HAH. I went through that many keyboards answering dumb questions...... :P

All kidding aside, they were all really really good questions, I swear. Now, when the heck are you gonna update your Colorado trip report??
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Iamdamoder »

Pogo wrote:No, no, no ..... that's a guaranteed genuine yeller cat (see 'im yellin'?). Ya want a wood boat with replicas decorating it? THIS is a wood boat with replicas on it:

Shees, I thought the regular handgun crowd was over the top. :roll:
You wont be able to trim the OI with that rig (and youre size) without a couple sixers of Lone Star in the rear hatch. :lol: :lol:
Shadow_Fox

Post by Shadow_Fox »

This is Texas, the only people who run around with replica guns are the young kids. :lol:
All kidding aside they are some very nice boats, not something I could do.
Dogpaddlin

Post by Dogpaddlin »

Pogo wrote:Now, when the heck are you gonna update your Colorado trip report??

Probably right after we have Ben potty trained! I am sure you know I posted a trip report on the camping forum, I just have not done a performance report. I promise I'll get to it, I just don't know when. :oops:
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

Whoops, missed the camping forum ..... don't check over there too often. I'll go have a peek.
DunkEm
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DunkEm »

Pogo wrote:No, no, no ..... that's a guaranteed genuine yeller cat (see 'im yellin'?). Ya want a wood boat with replicas decorating it? THIS is a wood boat with replicas on it:

I'm sitting here trolling for ideas about a boat to build with the 8 year old son who had just told me he wants to build a "boat with lasers" when I come across this. His eyes got HUGE. :lol:

I'm think I'm going have a hard time selling him on any other design.
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

If you want a tour of the League City boat works, just drop a PM, will be happy to show you a variety of home-brewed boats. But no machine guns, sorry. They're now where they belong........
Attachments
IMG_2485.JPG
DunkEm
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DunkEm »

pm sent!
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

you build planes also? Got to say your boats and other stuff all seem to come out beautiful. :clap:
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Hey Preacher , It is great to see you posting.
How are you doing?
Ron