Fly line management in the yak

Bear

Re: Fly line management in the yak

Post by Bear »

Kurt & Doug DON'T USE THE "Sham-wow" towel. I tried that and it absorbed sooooo much water that I sucked the entire bay dry. :oops:

Bear
Absolut

Re: Fly line management in the yak

Post by Absolut »

larry long shadows wrote:Its just part of fly fishing no matter what you do.... I have never used a basket if I did it would be surf... You can do every thing in the book to keep it from getting caught on some thing. And it will still find something to catch on... fishing from the bank I have fought the smallest stick/ my feet/ even my vest...One time I got so mad I was ready to break my rod. Instead I lay-ed it on the bank and walked away ... Fly fish can be very frustrating wind/ wind knots/bad cast/tree limb/caught in brush on back cast..etc.. But when a fish is on the reward is worth all the hassle...." All Tangled Up" might make a good TKF handle.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is the absolut truth...no matter what you do that damn line will eventually get caught on something at the wrong time. Most annoying for me is the damn handle on the reel...seems to always catch on to that thing at the worst time, and it's always once you've thought you had cleared everything else.