Tide in West Galveston Bay?

JMiller

Tide in West Galveston Bay?

Post by JMiller »

I haven't been on the water since TS Don. Are the tides running high in West Bay?
let's go
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Tide in West Galveston Bay?

Post by let's go »

Way...

I left at dark and it still wasn't falling out much. We're due for a swing to the SW and that should let the water drain.

On the plus side, the reds were crushing it in the flooded cord grass all afternoon. It was really cool hanging out in the marsh watching upper slots cruising across what is normally dry ground.
rodri1177

Post by rodri1177 »

I had the same experience as Lets Go. I was paddling out of the marsh off Highland Bayou at 8pm and the water was still heading into the marsh. I saw lots of nice blowups along the grass as I was heading in but I had to book it to the ramp because I forgot my 360 light.
Iyakalot

Post by Iyakalot »

rodri1177 wrote:I had the same experience as Lets Go. I was paddling out of the marsh off Highland Bayou at 8pm and the water was still heading into the marsh. I saw lots of nice blowups along the grass as I was heading in but I had to book it to the ramp because I forgot my 360 light.
How do you handle the mosquitos in the marsh. Seems to take more than just a little spray to keep them at bay.
rodri1177

Post by rodri1177 »

No problem with mosquitos last night. The wind kept them away. I personally think I keep cooler by wearing fishing pants and long sleeve fishing shirt. Plus I always wear a buff. I hardly ever have to use mosquito spray but carry it with me just in case.
laxhuskie9

Post by laxhuskie9 »

Iyakalot wrote:How do you handle the mosquitos in the marsh. Seems to take more than just a little spray to keep them at bay.
The Thermacell is an outdoorsman's best friend...
Attachments
thermacell.jpg
thermacell.jpg (5.5 KiB) Viewed 689 times
ArmyYak

Post by ArmyYak »

laxhuskie9 wrote:
Iyakalot wrote:How do you handle the mosquitos in the marsh. Seems to take more than just a little spray to keep them at bay.
The Thermacell is an outdoorsman's best friend...
X2

Mine is strapped down on my yak pretty much whenever I go out. I put it back on the cooler to keep me from dripping on it. Seems to do the trick pretty well.
Attachments
IMG_0261.jpg
Iyakalot

Post by Iyakalot »

Guy at Academy told me about these. Much more believable coming from you guys. Thanks. Will pick one up for our camping/fishing trip this weekend.
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Post by RedWolf »

I have one of the OFF brand of clip on insect repellants, when fishing at night, I either clip it to the back of my collar or to one of the mesh pockets next to me on the PA. Still get a few bugs, but nothing like it was before I started using it.
yak on flats
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by yak on flats »

Thermacell is a very good product. Seen them on sale at BPS the other day for 15.00 with rebate.