Hobie Outback (& other Hobie model) battery box hatch insert

Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Hobie Outback (& other Hobie model) battery box hatch insert

Post by Harold Ray »

I found the link for a Hobie Outback Battery Box Hatch Insert that I saw on an Outback just sold in the TKF Classifieds. These are $35.00 each, come in 3 sizes, and will fit some other Hobie models, but you need to read the info lower on the page to determine which models and which size or sizes you might want to buy.

This appears to be a very good idea for battery storage for the Outbacks, a problem that for a long time hasn't had a good answer or solution. But once again with human ingenuity, this turned out pretty neat, confined and protected in a hatch.

You may want one or two of these, or you may not. Take a look and decide. I ended up buying two.

The man making this box makes them by himself apparently. He says he runs out, but makes more as fast as he can or gets the time, so if you want one and they aren't listed or on this link, do a search using "Kayak Battery & Storage Box Fits Hobie 8" round Hatch" or something similar as your search phrase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

fishme04

Re: Hobie Outback (& other Hobie model) battery box hatch insert

Post by fishme04 »

I got a outback and have a 12 volt battery I went to walmart found a tuperwear container and drilled a hole in the side and velcroded it to the bottom of the yak and that has worked great and it was less than $10. And I get to keep by bait storage between my legs.