6/27/2011

SaltH20Assassin

Re: 6/27/2011

Post by SaltH20Assassin »

jimithing wrote:
SaltH20Assassin wrote:"Instead of spending money on live bait (which is cheating by the way)"

Now that's an argument that gets people fired up around here!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tight Lines my Brothers!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah, everyone knows real men catch fish with a fly rod. Jussayin.

Here We GO!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Barton

Post by Barton »

Soooooooo......... Saining is out too?
SaltH20Assassin

Post by SaltH20Assassin »

jimithing wrote:
SaltH20Assassin wrote:"Instead of spending money on live bait (which is cheating by the way)"

Now that's an argument that gets people fired up around here!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Real men catch fish with their hands :wink:
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

and one thing really surprised me about this thread -

I can't believe the username swordfish wasn't already taken...
Last edited by Chief Brody on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caldvn

Post by caldvn »

SaltH20Assassin wrote:
jimithing wrote:

Noodling

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_ur ... owGg&gl=US" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jimithing

Post by jimithing »

SaltH20Assassin wrote:
jimithing wrote:

blah blah blah, i dont think picking up a red stuck in the mud with 4" of chocolate milk counts. (plus i want to see a video) Let me know when you can catch a speck in 12 feet of water...
jimithing

Post by jimithing »

As far a noodling, i wouldnt say its harder, just more painful.
surfdude

Post by surfdude »

:horse: I think it's safe to say that you know darn well what you did dude. Don't play anyone one here for fools and just don't let it happen again. Regulations are in place to protect our favorite hobby and to allow us to continue doing what we love. Fish for the love of catching fish, not for fish sticks. If you even have to stretch and debate whether a fish is long enough, just throw them back. It's not worth it man. Don't rob from our shared waters.
Old Skool Hookers
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Old Skool Hookers »

Guys,
I'm pretty sure what ever happens to this fellow member will happen for a reason, but the fact that most of you repeatedly post comments on BASHING this guy is actually classified as harrassment. You all know as well as I know what he did wasn't right. What gives us the right to sin him for his actions? To the ones that posted the guy's picture, well lets just start off by saying, you could be held responsible for your actions as well if anything were to escalade from this.
Earth's End Kayaker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Richmond/Katy Area - Hobie Outback/ O Peixão Dourado/ The Big Gold Fish

Post by Earth's End Kayaker »

x2 - He should have the message loud and clear by now. I certainly would... :shock:
He is human. He made "some" mistakes; that were caught. We should only hope he learns from it.

I for give the man.

Best regards,
EEK

bayfishing28 wrote:Guys,
I'm pretty sure what ever happens to this fellow member will happen for a reason, but the fact that most of you repeatedly post comments on BASHING this guy is actually classified as harrassment. You all know as well as I know what he did wasn't right. What gives us the right to sin him for his actions? To the ones that posted the guy's picture, well lets just start off by saying, you could be held responsible for your actions as well if anything were to escalade from this.
JonesZ

Post by JonesZ »

bayfishing28 wrote:Guys,
What gives us the right to sin him for his actions?
I dunno, a prepresentative republic? Public scorn is way underutilized.
ArmyYak

Post by ArmyYak »

Do kittens count as live bait?

Ya know if you use a kitten as bait, you're a lot less likely to catch little rat reds.
jimithing

Post by jimithing »

Well im inviting the dude out to fish tomorrow. Maybe he needs an example, im not the best but its obvious no one else here cares. Its obvious that he didnt know the regs, (you dont believe a guy would actually post himself doing an illegal activity for thousands to see on the internet, do you)? he probably started fishing not too long ago. Who knows, but hopefully he will come out and ill get to know him. Im sure hes a swell guy. But i will talk to him and see whats going on if he comes out. Hell ill even bring a beer for him. I think he gets the point and now we need to show that we too are better than that. Yeah he broke the law, but its easier to teach him the right way to fish than beat him around forever about it. No need for the witch hunt anymore. I razzed him myself a bit and im all for a little razzing, but you guys are getting out right crazy ajd i know for a fact everyone here is way better than that. This is stuff id expect on 2cool, but not here here guys. -chris.
AcousticTennis
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by AcousticTennis »

anyone know where i can cast net some croaker for bait??
jimithing

Post by jimithing »

AcousticTennis wrote:anyone know where i can cast net some croaker for bait??
Try the galveston bay complex.
caldvn

Post by caldvn »

jimithing wrote:Well im inviting the dude out to fish tomorrow. Maybe he needs an example, im not the best but its obvious no one else here cares. Its obvious that he didnt know the regs, (you dont believe a guy would actually post himself doing an illegal activity for thousands to see on the internet, do you)? he probably started fishing not too long ago. Who knows, but hopefully he will come out and ill get to know him. Im sure hes a swell guy. But i will talk to him and see whats going on if he comes out. Hell ill even bring a beer for him. I think he gets the point and now we need to show that we too are better than that. Yeah he broke the law, but its easier to teach him the right way to fish than beat him around forever about it. No need for the witch hunt anymore. I razzed him myself a bit and im all for a little razzing, but you guys are getting out right crazy ajd i know for a fact everyone here is way better than that. This is stuff id expect on 2cool, but not here here guys. -chris.
X2, also read the top post. it clearly says fishing reports only... I'm surprised it's gone on this long.
txbowhunt

Post by txbowhunt »

Glad this is finally turning around. Ditto the forgiveness comments. I can't believe we are arguing about the ways in which we catch fish but I noticed bowfishing wasn't mentioned so I guess I'll add that you're not a man unless you shoot a fish with a bow. See how stupid this sounds?

I plan to soak some LIVE shrimp AND use atificials this weekend....I know, blasphemy!

Thanks to all who have helped me with this new addiction. Let's go fishing. I'll be at either Xmas, Swan or Ostermeyer Bayou this weekend. Caught a few trout at OB Sunday night and think it might be good with tidal movement this weekend.
Kingz
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: HIT THE MOTHER LOAD (KEMAH FLATS) 6/27/2011

Post by Kingz »

swordfish wrote:WILL DO SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION...
You know I apolygised for doing that the fish were released apoun the picture was taken, I would think you Guys would understand, it seems like a whole bunch of kids, here...
You guys just need to enjoy fishing like I do. We are all grown men here and we all make mustakes, well God bless you all...
I take full responsibilty on my action I am ashamed of what I have done, I know most guys dont believe me when I said I released the fish,but that's ok. I will go down to tpwd and speak to them of my actions, if a fine needs to be paid then I will. We all make homest mistakes but please stop...
your right.....they are very few people out there who amitted, but the law is the law...
I too have made plenty mistakes...And very few did I apologize for...Some mistakes I had to pay for.....You've thrown a lotta apologies out there to peeps you'll prob never meet...
Mighty BIG of you...nuff said...George
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Post by RedWolf »

bullet.catcher wrote:I'm so glad to see that there's a lot of honest fishermen on this site!!!

One law breaker down, now if we can just take care of the bad guys on the Seawolf pier. I've seen them pack their ice chests with tons of illegal fish and when you tell them they act like they can't speak English. Such a shame to deplete our precious resources. I'd love to have a front row seat when a Game warden does finally catch them.
Surfside Jetties are even worse. Most the poeple out there, no matter what they catch, big or small, it goes straight into the bucket/cooler and there's never a game warden within 100 miles when you need one.
yakity

Post by yakity »

Xmas this weekend? Let us know we might make it! Would be glad to show swordfish around and meet a few new people.
koncept1

Post by koncept1 »

ok..i'll be the first to say it....IBTL.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

jimithing wrote:Well im inviting the dude out to fish tomorrow. Maybe he needs an example, im not the best but its obvious no one else here cares. Its obvious that he didnt know the regs, (you dont believe a guy would actually post himself doing an illegal activity for thousands to see on the internet, do you)? he probably started fishing not too long ago. Who knows, but hopefully he will come out and ill get to know him. Im sure hes a swell guy. But i will talk to him and see whats going on if he comes out. Hell ill even bring a beer for him. I think he gets the point and now we need to show that we too are better than that. Yeah he broke the law, but its easier to teach him the right way to fish than beat him around forever about it. No need for the witch hunt anymore. I razzed him myself a bit and im all for a little razzing, but you guys are getting out right crazy ajd i know for a fact everyone here is way better than that. This is stuff id expect on 2cool, but not here here guys. -chris.
That's a stand up guy right there in my book. I thought the same thing in trying to teach rather than torture. I razzed a little myself but don't feel I got out of hand and I bet for sure if swordfish read all this then he gets the point and has already been studying that regulation book. It was a pretty bad thing to do but I'm sure after this and being shown the way I seriously doubt he will ever do that again, and that's the key. That's one of the problems in today's society that it's better to just clean up a mess after it happens over and over again, or try and fix everything after it's gone wrong instead of going the extra mile in the beginning to try and prevent the problem from happening in the first place and in this case it starts with education. He screwed up and hopefully he has and will forever learn from this cyber @$$ beating :horse: :horse: :horse: and p.s. swordfish if you want someone to show you the way to not catch fish so you can be 100% legal let me know :dance:
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

Koombaya, my lord, Koombaya
BirdFoot17

Post by BirdFoot17 »

Yeah it's been a little much and I contributed - it's tough to see those illegal fish but you're probably right, he didn't know any better?

Either way, my bad.

Swordfish - change your name back to the original one and keep on keepin on. Sorry for gettin carried away.....

on a lighter note...

noodling, live bait, fly fishing, bowfishing - all childs play. Explosives and a net, that's how I roll :lol: :lol:
yakity wrote:Xmas this weekend? Let us know we might make it! Would be glad to show swordfish around and meet a few new people.
txbowhunt wrote: Thanks to all who have helped me with this new addiction. Let's go fishing. I'll be at either Xmas, Swan or Ostermeyer Bayou this weekend. Caught a few trout at OB Sunday night and think it might be good with tidal movement this weekend.
I'll be out in Drum Bay w/ the other MarshDoggs if you drift down that way. Dune colored Hobie tandem. Hollar at me.
Mulletard

Post by Mulletard »

LMFAO!