Kayaking in Austin?

Texmullet

Kayaking in Austin?

Post by Texmullet »

Any good places to kayak in Austin...my wife wants to take her adult kids kayaking in Austin while she visits this week. Any decent places? She may have to rent some.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Kayaking in Austin?

Post by Hirsch »

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 2&t=164358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cookscanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.risingphoenixadventures.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gfmd33

Post by gfmd33 »

my favorites back in college were Lady Bird Lake and Colorado River below LBL
Cadiyak Sam
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Central Texas, Galveston// Manta Ray 11// Jackson CUDA// Team Turtle Head

Post by Cadiyak Sam »

You could put into the Colorado at the 973 bridge and then float to Little Webberville. I think its a 6 hour float if you are going 2 miles per hour (I think, I may be wrong about that, there is a sign there that tells you specifically). Its nice to float the Colorado below the dam because the water flow is always good. It's real pretty too, lots of wildlife. Have fun :D

The San Marcos river is also really awesome I have heard, although I've never 'yaked it before. It may be pretty low but if you call TG Kayak and Canoe, they'll be happy to tell you how it's looking I'm sure. They're really awesome and you can rent kayaks from them too. Austin Canoe and Kayak is a great source of info as well, although I've never purchased anything from them.
eweberdc
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by eweberdc »

Cadiyak Sam wrote:You could put into the Colorado at the 973 bridge and then float to Little Webberville. I think its a 6 hour float if you are going 2 miles per hour (I think, I may be wrong about that, there is a sign there that tells you specifically). Its nice to float the Colorado below the dam because the water flow is always good. It's real pretty too, lots of wildlife. Have fun :D

The San Marcos river is also really awesome I have heard, although I've never 'yaked it before. It may be pretty low but if you call TG Kayak and Canoe, they'll be happy to tell you how it's looking I'm sure. They're really awesome and you can rent kayaks from them too. Austin Canoe and Kayak is a great source of info as well, although I've never purchased anything from them.

x2 on the Colorado. The river is gorgeous, scenery is perfect, the water is a great temperature for swimming, and there's always the chance at spotting Bald Eagles ( I think they're still there ). You'll see lots of gar and big carp. Also, the bass fishing is pretty good.
yaknreel

Post by yaknreel »

MOCkayaks has a good rental fleet
Cadiyak Sam
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Central Texas, Galveston// Manta Ray 11// Jackson CUDA// Team Turtle Head

Post by Cadiyak Sam »

eweberdc wrote:
Cadiyak Sam wrote:You could put into the Colorado at the 973 bridge and then float to Little Webberville. I think its a 6 hour float if you are going 2 miles per hour (I think, I may be wrong about that, there is a sign there that tells you specifically). Its nice to float the Colorado below the dam because the water flow is always good. It's real pretty too, lots of wildlife. Have fun :D

x2 on the Colorado. The river is gorgeous, scenery is perfect, the water is a great temperature for swimming, and there's always the chance at spotting Bald Eagles ( I think they're still there ). You'll see lots of gar and big carp. Also, the bass fishing is pretty good.
I saw about 12 green parrots flying around too. I had no idea there were some of those guys around here.
Texmullet

Post by Texmullet »

Thanks for the tips!!