TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By Malibu_X
So I see pics of yaks and I see camping threads well how about camping pictures with your kayaks? I'm trying to plan a good kayak camping weekend and was curious what other peoples kayak campsites look like. such as, do you find a camping park or do you stay on the rivers shore? I'll post mine when I get some pics. And do you prefer a SIT-ON-TOP or a SIT-INSIDE yak? and Y? (when going overnight camping)
By Hirsch
I am not sure what you are looking for, but if you will run through these threads you will find tons of them.

2a7swzl.jpg

2qk6iyo.jpg

DSC01321.JPG
By Hirsch
DSC00874[1].JPG
DSC00874[1].JPG (14.47 KiB) Viewed 4128 times

securedownload[1] (2).jpg
securedownload[1] (2).jpg (20.72 KiB) Viewed 4128 times

DSC00866[1].JPG
DSC00866[1].JPG (21.44 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
By Aggroman
I love the camp photos, more than the fish pics, but not as much as the camp food pics. :D

You always do a great job with that Hirsh, and I always look forward to your reports because of it.

Scott
By Infidel
Solo trip. Just the boat, a sand bar, sleeping pad and a sleeping bag. It got pretty cold and the bag got condensation on it, planning on using the tent next time.

That was a long night

By Hirsch
It is not always so fancy Scott. :lol:

I doubt you will be seeing many steaks until after this drought with the attendant burn bans is gone. I have tried the Mountain Home meals and fiind them convenient and fairly tasty, especially the spaghetti, lasagne and stroganoff. A little added seasoning (Greek seasoning and Cholula) makes the beef stew pretty good too. :)

t6ffir[1].jpg

DSC02336.JPG

DSC02323.JPG
Last edited by Hirsch on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hirsch
Infidel I have done a few solos like that and it works well. One night summer trips and a cold meal (I like an everything bagel with summer sausage, dried fruit and nuts) are good. I am afraid I am a few years and herniated discs past the pad though. I put down a 6x8 poly tarp with air mattress. With a decent flashlight and hat brim hat lanterns become optional.

I do notice that unless I am night fishing when I am alone I go to bed with the sun. :D
By Malibu_X
Dude I think a solo trip would be a nice exscape from the world! I too love looking at pictures mainly because I am new to kayaking....not camping though. I always wanted a kayak and now that I have one I am addicted to any kayaking! Especially this forum!
By dhays
Malibu_X wrote:Do you like your nucanoe?

I really love my Nucanoe. It is stable, and as you can see, will carry a load. While it is not a speed demon, I have had no problem paddling, tracking, or keeping up with other boats. It is heavy, (85lbs), but unless I have to do a lot of portaging, that is not a problem for me. If I were buying a kayak for pleasure paddling, it would not be my choice, but for fishing, and kayak camping it is great.
By CityByTheSeaCitizen
Midway on the float from the Morris Shephard dam to Rochelle's. Open air camping in October. This is a campsite that is used by many.
Attachments
PA022365.JPG
Brazos Campsite
By joshcad85
Awesome post guys. I think I will have to check this out sometime. I don't know if my OK Frenzy would hold all of my stuff, but I will give it a shot.
Mono or braid for flounder?

I use double uni's for splicing line everywhere, b[…]

One Trout Made This Trip

One report with three perspectives! Love it! That'[…]

you will also not likely find a dealer who will se[…]

2019 Hobie Outback - Red

SOLD