Hey!!! WAKE UP!

OrangeQuest
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Hey!!! WAKE UP!

Post by OrangeQuest »

I have been using Buffalo Bayou Shuttle Service every weekend for the last 3 weekends and cruising down the bayou for 15 bucks a pop seems ok. I have enjoyed the trips and the company. You inner city folks should try it and maybe we can meet up.

http://www.bayoushuttle.com/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you go to the photo gallery, I'm the guy in the only blue kayak.
Jeepin Yaker

Re: Hey!!! WAKE UP!

Post by Jeepin Yaker »

I have been VERY interested in doing this every since reading the article in Texas Highways magazine about that paddle trail. Really interested in going with someone, so post up next time your going!

Tim
OrangeQuest
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by OrangeQuest »

Hey Tim,

I use a shuttle service, They pick me up at the take out and shuttle me, my kayak and a bunch of people that are going on a "GUIDED" tour.
So it's not like I'm going alone. It an easy way for me to get on the water and explore the bayou. Once I get to know the bayou they will launch me anywhere along the bayou that has access and/or pick me up at one of them. It cost $15 bucks and the guided tour is free...as long as there are other people going.
du52

Post by du52 »

I think I might do one of these!
OrangeQuest
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by OrangeQuest »

I have been going almost every weekend and coming soon to do a meet up where we use the shuttle service to take us to the Dairy Ashford Launch site and paddle down to the Briar Bend take out (about 4.5 to 5 hour paddle). I have gone on about 4 tours so far and they have all been great! If you have your own kayak it costs $15 to take the shuttle and they transport you and your kayak. They list me as a guest as "Ken J" so if you see that in the list of people going on a tour then I'm there!! This is an easy way to keep your kayaking skills honed to a razor's edge. Please keep in mind that the tours are for paddling and no time for fishing. In a private trip then fishing can be done but I wouldn't eat any of the fish! :shock:

Ken J AKA: OQ