Rodholder on a Hobie Revolution?

ClovisMan
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Rodholder on a Hobie Revolution?

Post by ClovisMan »

Anyone have Scotty's or similar mounted to their Hobie Revolution? I need a rod holder in the front. Would like pics if possible. I'm having a hard time finding a place that would be adequate.
Merman

Re: Rodholder on a Hobie Revolution?

Post by Merman »

I have a Ram ball mount on the gunnel . I got a smaller back plate . I don't have pics but mine is on the left front by the rudder control . I like that I can remove and only the ball mount stays which is real low profile ...
caldvn

Post by caldvn »

I use Ram Rolder holder that has an adapter made for Hobie's sail holder. It plugs into where the sail should go, screws is top of the ball used to tighten the adapter into the sail hole, then mount with your favorite ram type deal. I also have 2 ram rod holders I mounted to the rear next to the flush rod holders.

I found that when I was fishing in seabrook that having rods poke up at 45 degree angle would hit the bridge, so something that can adjust to any angle, direction worked for the best in my situation.

I have 3 below, one used with the adapter pictured under.

habanerojooz

Post by habanerojooz »

I have both a Hobie Revolution and an Adventure. Pictured below is my Adventure using RAM mounting products (1.5" balls) for my depthfinder and my rodholder.

If I were to mount these same two items in my Revolution, I'd mount them in the same places.

surfers77
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by surfers77 »

I used ram tube rod holders on the front with a big ball cause it had a square base that fits better.
Attachments
1242482733382.jpg
on line

Post by on line »

In the same spot a Scotty 244-S(ealed) flushmount will fit exactly. use the normal mount as a template, it has the same bolt pattern
CrazyAl

Post by CrazyAl »

I mounted 2 of the Ram tubes on the area right behind the seat. I was orginally going to use them for an outrigger, but I realized I can stand up on it anyway so I gave up on the outrigger. The tubes work great as rod holders. I know you said you wanted to mount them up front, just wanted to give my 2 cents. 8)
Attachments
edit6.jpg