just getting started... new to TKF

Bjunde

just getting started... new to TKF

Post by Bjunde »

I and my wife have day dreamed about kayak fishing... we have spend the past few years, since moving to Texas, wading the Bay Area, casting from the banks,,, following the Hook n Line maps... dragging the kids along! With modest success catching the various species I finally took the leap... I ordered a Perception Pescador 12 from work ( I work in the marine equipment business)... I received a little over a week ago. With it nearly outfitted... and thanks to the guidance of posts here... we have been taking turns... to see if we are going to enjoy the sport... duh... like there was any question. As a result, her boat will be here on Wednesday!

Now if I can figure out the rest of it... the boats and rigging are the easy part. Now the when to go, where to go, what the throw, how to reel it,,,

Thanks in advance for any feedback y'all might share!

Brooks
Friendswood, Tx
1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Pasadena, Texas 77502 and any where my kayaks can go.

Re: just getting started... new to TKF

Post by 1alextorres »

Welcome to the addiction. There is plenty of places to go in the Galveston area. Look at it this way, where ever you use to wade is made easier with a yak. Lot of information on this site so enjoy the ride and tightlines.

Alex
trouttracker
Location: Lake Jackson , TX. ACK Wilderness Systems Ambassador

Re: just getting started... new to TKF

Post by trouttracker »

Welcome also to the ddiction if your ever headed down towards Freeport let me know if I am free I will join you.

Trouttracker