abu Pro Max?

goneYAKcrazy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: cypress, tx / coles crossing 2011 Hobie Pro Angler, fully customized by gYc Boatwerkz

abu Pro Max?

Post by goneYAKcrazy »

so my gf got me this pro max for christmas and i need to clean it....im having a hard time getting the side covers off...ive searched for anything helping me.....can anyone help?
OlSalty

Re: abu Pro Max?

Post by OlSalty »

One word, HAMMER! Ok, two, HAMMER & SCREWDRIVER!
Old Skool Hookers
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Old Skool Hookers »

check this site out to see if it helps

http://www.abu-garcia.com/product_schematic.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
goneYAKcrazy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: cypress, tx / coles crossing 2011 Hobie Pro Angler, fully customized by gYc Boatwerkz

Post by goneYAKcrazy »

bayfishing28 wrote:check this site out to see if it helps

http://www.abu-garcia.com/product_schematic.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

been there, no such luck

olsalty, are u serious about the hammer...should i just smash the reel or will it come apart

i had a fit trying to get the handle side cover off....she actually came over sat down and "POP" it came right off for her
OlSalty

Post by OlSalty »

I was just kidding about the hammer.
sometimes delicate hands do the trick.
goneYAKcrazy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by goneYAKcrazy »

or reading the instructions that came with the Ardent reel kleen kit. showed me a picture right there on it looked like the brake side cover just pivoted to open so i gave it a try.....hmmmmm why do we always just get in there without reading the d@mn instructions...i hope this thing still works when im done
goneYAKcrazy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by goneYAKcrazy »

I finally figured it out. No corrosion and everything looked good. I cleaned it up and greased everything. Thanks guys. I wish there were disassembly instructions in the reel box
habanerojooz

Post by habanerojooz »

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link shows you how to open up a Revo Inshore. Aside from some minor differences in specific parts (i.e. the number of roller bearings, braking system, etc), all of the Revos are fundamentally the same in construction and assembly. I have 3 Revos and they're all basically the same.

This site also has a whole lot of other threads, step-by-step pictures, etc that are very helpful for the DIY person.