Rigs for a Native Magic 12

OlSalty

Rigs for a Native Magic 12

Post by OlSalty »

Anyone have any pics of their rigged Magic 12 yak? Thinking of a crate first. Stumped on what else.
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Rigs for a Native Magic 12

Post by milret »

For the most part rigging a kayak is universal. Some yaks are just more universal than others. Ease of access to the inside of the hull is one issue. I for one do not like rivets. I use nutts and bolts which means I have to be able to reach inside the hull. So far so good in mounting what I need. One just needs a lot of imagination. Rigging a yak for a man is like a woman stuffing her new purse.
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: The Woodlands, TX...TEAM SOUTHWEST, Team Castaway Rods

Re: Rigs for a Native Magic 12

Post by SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS »

I have rigged a few Magics here at the store, I usually recommend that you go with an anchor trolley, then decide if you want rod holders or just use the crate. You can also add another hatch to it you would like, it will take some modifications to do this but we done it before. We have added FF and just about anything else you can imagine. This is a link to a 14.5' that I rigged for a buddy of mine last year.

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... &mode=view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris
SWPS
281-292-5600