blue hole

eweberdc
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

blue hole

Post by eweberdc »

Went to Georgetown for some of the stocked rainbow trout yesterday before the kids showed up after school, with no bites. A few guys were catching on what looked like pink Berkley crappie nibbles, fishing right near the 'dam'. Once the kids started arriving we left to make room. These fish are stocked for them, after all.
e

Re: blue hole

Post by e »

Sunday afternoon was beautiful, so loaded up the little lady, kiddies and the Barbie poles and made our way to Blue Hole for the first time. We set up on a deeper hole above the dam, threw out some corn and started testing the waters with different baits. The winner on this day was a small bit of marshmallow to float the bait off the bottom matched with a few kernals of corn.

In a little over an hour we filled a limit, after reading some posts of people getting the business out there, l figured it would be best to stop with one limit as we only had one licensed fisherman. My 7 y/o daughter pulled in 4-one unassisted and my 2 y/o boy pulled in another, we even had a double going at one point.

Now the cool part, l gutted/gilled the fish downstream before leaving, and my daughter was right down there with me pulling guts out!! Then the fish went straight from the water to the grill for a nice supper!!

Good time had by all and a great family memory. l will have to remember to post the pix of the kiddies with the days catch.
eweberdc
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: blue hole

Post by eweberdc »

Very cool! I think that is what the stocking is all about! Congrats on being a great dad.