Gotta hate a thief....

Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Gotta hate a thief....

Post by Coastal Country »

Well just over a week and no word on my guns that were stolen last week :x :x . It just plain SUCKS to come home and see your stuff gone.

But I got my health, and a great bunch of pards fishing the Mama Lagoon so.......

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL!!!!!!! :D 8) :D 8)
Shamrock kid
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Gotta hate a thief....

Post by Shamrock kid »

Back at ya! I know its a long shot but maybe they will turn up. I got lucky once and my stuff was recovered. But for the most part once its gone its gone. your right its sucks.
Kingz
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Kingz »

I didnt hear about that Russ...Wow...You need a rifle for the rest of the season, call me...gotcha covered...
Happy Thanksgiving...to you and all my friends as well...G
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

What can I say to help but that I hate a thief. Is there any advice you can share so this does not happen again?
hotpocket
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by hotpocket »

Man Russ that sucks.....Happy Thanksgiving bro...Have a good one and hopefully they will turn up.
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Kingz wrote:I didnt hear about that Russ...Wow...You need a rifle for the rest of the season, call me...gotcha covered...
Happy Thanksgiving...to you and all my friends as well...G
Thanks Geogre but they didn't get my rifles, I keep them at the lodge since two of them are my dad's and I'd burned half of Kingsville down looking for the punks that took those. They got three shotguns, a rifle and my pistol :x :x :x

Tombo, the best advise I can give is look at your house as a thief would. The rent house I'm in has the old crank open windows.... they busted the pane near the crank and walked right in. Also they looked where you would normally stow a firearm... under my bed, closest, drawers in bedroom etc. They never went into the kitchen and they didn't spend alot of time in the living room except to get my long guns from my gun cabinet.

Which brings me to my next lesson learned, it was a gun cabinet and not a gun SAFE. I been at my folks since friday for the holiday tearing down tin and pipe to sell as scrap to buy a gun SAFE, 600lbs of heavy Arse steel that they can't get into by popping the door and ta-da theres the guns. I will say I am hopeful (Kinda) that they'll be recovered due to the fact they stole the guns but left ammo that was there for the taking for said guns... hell they even went thru a bag of shotgun shells and left a box of ammo for the pistol that was next to it.

Another thing I plan to do (Its not safe fire wise, but its a one bedroom house, its 20 feet from the bed to the outside door) is I put self tapping screws in the windows and take all the cranks off them, no crank no window opening like you own the place. Jerry and a few others think it was someone that knew I had guns that had been in the house, but no one has, except for one repairman and I let the police know about him to check out. I really think they can tell by the truck you drive that we live an outdoor lifestyle and and there ought to be guns in there... gangbanger window shopping :evil: :evil: :evil:
Notimetofish

Post by Notimetofish »

Russ,

Sorry to here about your guns! That really sucks!

I know what I would like to do with thiefs like that but it would get me into even more trouble :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you need a shotgun for the rest of duck season I would be happy to loan one to you and I plan on being down in CC Friday or Saturday fishing so I coudle meet if you like.

PM me and I can give you my mobile number.

NOTIMETOFISH

Kevin
Green Water

Post by Green Water »

Hey Russ,
Just now saw this. My gun is here for ya, iffin' you need to borrow it. Wish I had an extra that I could throw your way. I know you're on a budget and hurting right now, but a $10k renter's insurance with a small deductible is about $20 a month and covers personal property theft. I used to get mine through my car insurance to save a little bit extra. Just throwing it out there Bubba. If you need anything, give me a call.

Jon

OH, and.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Thanks Jon, I was looking into renter's insureance the week of the robbery :roll: :roll: :roll: and will be getting it thru my car insureance co. I'm hoping to have enough left over from the safe buying (TSC has them on sale tomorrow, I get to actually fight black friday crowds Yea!!!) to buy me a camo clad pump or a used auto...

Notime, thanks for the offer but I hunt in the bay, I hate to borrow guns to drag into that environment but thanks for the offer 8) 8)
osochuck
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by osochuck »

here's an option for your windows

build plywood shutters and mount them on the inside of the house. so when you leave home close your shutters maybe with some barrel bolts into the header and sill to secure it, when you leave the house you could remove them and only have a few screw holes to patch

put up some pretty curtains and from the outside of the house no-one would know anything

and for you doors

also on each door hing take out the 3/4 screws and replace them with 3" decking screws (into door & jamb) and also do it for the strike plates into jamb

that make kicking in a door darn near impossible
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

I took sheet metal screws and closed the windows, before I fixed the pane they broke we tested it and they didn't budge. If they want to get in now they're going to spend WAY to much time doing it then only to find a big A$$ safe bolted to the floor :lol:

The good news so far is I found the knife I thought they stole. The tip is broke off from them trying to get into the bottom of the gun safe and they threw it under the sofa. I took it to the police and they got some more prints off it, maybe I'll get lucky :roll:
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

TKFCIS in progress. Russ, make sure you have a way out in case of a fire! Not kidding. As for me, I need to hear of these thieves getting caught.
Shamrock kid
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Shamrock kid »

X2 on the fire exit. Had a bud in Conroe get broken into. Nailed the windows shut. To make a long story short he lost a daughter in a house fire. They found her at the window.
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Like I said I thought long and hard about shutting the windows up, but it's 15' from the bedroom to the kitchen door. This is only a 1 bedroom house and it's not half the size of JerryB's showroom :lol: :lol:
CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CopanoCruisin »

Hey Russ, I feel for your loss because of those scumbag crackheads. But! there is a reason that the life safety code states you should have two ways out of every room in a residence. Being a retired firechief, it is hard for me not to preach this. Wishin' I was fishing.....Cc
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

10-4 will look into more ways than the 2 doors and 2 windows I got that aren't closed :wink:
daniel78222
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by daniel78222 »

man sorry to hear that someone stole all you guns
my brother had the same thing happen to him and we knew the guy that took them and when he did he took the safe and all but the cops found him at a crack house but all the valueable guns were gone but he got a few back that they could not sell right away and he got what deserved after robbing a banks also the cops took him down and he paid for his crimes with his life