Harmon Creek October 10-12

Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Harmon Creek October 10-12

Post by Hirsch »

MilRet and I plan to camp and fish at Harmon Creek Marina on upper Lake Livingston that weekend. I will arrive there Saturday camping through Monday morning. I believe he will be there Saturday and Sunday. I hope to see more of you join us. :D
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Re: Harmon Creek October 10-12

Post by Randy »

If my plans for that Saturday fall through, I will join ya'll.
Randy
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Sounds good. I think Firefly maybe there too.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Unlike the river camp I will not back out for rain on this one. Having the truck to haul and a base camp I can string tarps over the table and tent and be dry and comfortable. If it rains we can got out and have a dry base to return.

I will likely bring a SinK and a SOT. As I understand it we can have the craft in the water right at the camp. Hope to see people there.
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

Someone has been reading my mind. I also plan on this even if a winter blizzard hits. My Tent Cot will take it all. Tarps everywhere. Sink(Old Town Vapor), SOT(Cobra Navigator). I plan on enjoying the heck out of this one. Saturday A.M. at 8:00 I hit the road, 45 mins later I set up camp, 45 mins later I PADDLE. Anyone & everyone who can make it, do it.

My daughter plans on following me up there and paddle for the day. Doubt if she will stay all night but she wants to yak bad.
Troutless
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Troutless »

Yall have a great time, I'll be at High Island at the TOBA Event to help raise money.
My fishing partner and I are planning to go up there and check it out this week some time.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Forecast is looking great for the Huntsville area. Saturday cloudy and 20% chance of rain, Sunday and Monday sunny with lows close to 60 degrees and highs near 75 all three days! :D
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

Yep! I plan on being there.....but darn you, milret, you reserved MY campsite on the point!! That pretty much cinches the deal for me to finally take up my son-in-law on the offer of his travel trailer since no one ever uses it! :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, I've been thinking about taking it sometime and just spend a week in peace and quiet, fish, read, take Bo (my dog) along.........and since I'll be up there the following weekend anyway.....sounds like a good time to do it! I'm planning to bring both the Srchr and the Manta Ray for fishing.......also see if I can't get Mitch and Pop out to fish in it!
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Kayak Featherlite 9.5 Mini-x Predator K140, Percption Swifty,Necky Zoar Angler

Post by Randy »

I may end up joining yall if there is room.......
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

Sure Randy come on down. I had just sent Firefly49 a PM promoting her to Official Guide but if you are coming she can stay in her Comfort Inn on wheels while we blaze new trails. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

milret wrote:Sure Randy come on down. I had just sent Firefly49 a PM promoting her to Official Guide but if you are coming she can stay in her Comfort Inn on wheels while we blaze new trails. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What kinda books ya reckon she reads?
Firefly49
Location: Montgomery/Conroe, Texas WS Commander 14, WS Tarpon 140, OT Loon 160T, SrchrM1824

Post by Firefly49 »

NObody blazes new trails without ME along! :shock:

I'll read some True Crime! :wink:
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

Especially the book about how some guys tied a lady to a tree and watched little chompers chomp.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

milret wrote:Especially the book about how some guys tied a lady to a tree and watched little chompers chomp.
ROFL

I left a message on their answering machine tonight saying I want the site next to Johns. I also intend to ask how many people/cars/tents may share a site thinking of splitting costs.
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

Pops, is pretty fair up there,, the most we have had at one site is 2 vehicles,,, a trailer, a tent cot and a hammock. I'm not sure of the rules on that though.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

I got hold of them this morning and made my reservations. As of 9:30 AM we now have sites 9, 10 and 11.

The rules on site occupancy is 2 vehicles and one tent per site. Hope a bunch more sites are soon rented to TFKers. :D
Firefly49

Post by Firefly49 »

Bump. Anyone else interested? :D
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Firefly49 wrote:Bump. Anyone else interested? :D
As far as I know Firefly is out there tonight trying out that RV. :D

I have two yaks on top of the truck, gear sorted and stacked at the garage door ready to load and thelist of items to load in the ice chest made. Allow 30 minutes to load and drink that extra cup of coffee then I will be on my way. MilRet will likely beat me there in the morning but camp will be fully laid and I will be on the water by lunch. :D
Firefly49

Post by Firefly49 »

Yep, I'm already here!! My maiden voyage towing a travel trailer (in the rain up Hwy 75!) and all without incident! Pop, who owns the marina, was nice enough to help me get it all set up....so within a couple hours I had my nice hot shower and am warm & cozy out of the wind, cold and damp! Oh, but am I going to be given a hard time by some people tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol: (I wonder where they'll congregate if it rains....)

After I got here, about 4 young college age guys were loading up to leave....cold and wet...but apparently they caught a mess of catfish and crappie...and a few white bass. Sure hope I'll be able to say that sometime this week!!!
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

I will be leaving in about two hours. If anyone else comes up just look for a screaming lady tied to a tree with little chompers wearing bibs. We will all congregate in your RV while the little chompers snack. Go ahead and enjoy the RV, I guess when you get older it is a must have. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

quote="milret"]I will be leaving in about two hours. If anyone else comes up just look for a screaming lady tied to a tree with little chompers wearing bibs. We will all congregate in your RV while the little chompers snack. Go ahead and enjoy the RV, I guess when you get older it is a must have. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:[/quote]
I am out the door now! :-D
milret
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by milret »

Had a good time at Harmon Creek this weekend dispite the cooler temp and perpetual cloudiness. Real nice paddle area. You can go, go, go! Did not catch any fish but really did not put my heart into that part. Randy made some great Chili Sat night. One bowl did me in.
Sun AM it was sausage, biscuits, and gravey. Something hit my tent cot Sat night, maybe the 10 foot maneater. I had my buck knife out ready to carve my initials in its nose before I got devoured. A place everyone has to visit. Randy is having deep water re-entry class next weekend. Should be interesting. I may have to go back up there for that one.
Randy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Randy »

I didn' get many pictures, but we ate good,
Chili and corn bread on a chili night
and a good hearty breakfast
biscuts , gravy and sausage

Hirchhunters and Milrets camp
My bunk
Trinity playing with the bait
Tristan and I taking the pelican for a spin
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

I had a great trip and everyone there was new to me. Great folks. I brought plenty of food but never cooked. Randy fixed us two outstanding meals Saturday night and Sunday morning. Lunch time I sliced a bit of summer sausage and layered it between an everything bagel. Then came dinner and Firefly fed me some excellent sausage and cream of brocolli soup in her condo as I dried out.

Randy has his full crew along so I met Sharon, Tristan and Trinity. MilRet has a nice rig and seems to be constantly adjusting and refining it.

We did not fish with too much dedication but got in some excellent touring Saturday amd Monday between the rains. I was really surprised at the variety of birds with blue heron, cattle egrets, commorants, pelicans as well as a white crane I can't put a name to. Pops who owns the campground also said pink flamingos were not uncommon. It was just a great trip and I look forward to seeing these folks more. :D
Firefly49

Post by Firefly49 »

Okay, so I'm way late on this post...but I HAVE AN EXCUSE! Just too darn busy enjoying myself!!! My (wonderful) son-in-law made a BIG mistake in saying "why don't you take my travel trailer and broadband card"????!!!! So here I am in complete luxury for a whole 10 days! Whoo-hoo...I can get spoiled to this and what a great place to do so! :dance: :dance: :dance:

The weekend hadn't been the best due to the weather, but we still got in some paddling and attempts at fishing. On Sunday, we had a new TKFer come out and spend some time with us. Yakfaster is a student at SHSU right down the road in Huntsville. Nicest guy you'd want to meet! He's a yak fisherman, too, but his primary goal was to come out to locate some areas for the upcoming duck hunting season. I might not be a hunter, but I wanted him to meet Pop who owns the place and knows all the ins and outs of this area. Anyway, I had a good excuse to get back out paddling to show him some of the ducky-looking sloughs and out to the island we'd discovered on an earlier trip that makes for the perfect primitive base camp!
Milret and Hirschhunter gearing up
Milret and Hirschhunter gearing up
Yakfaster and Pop
Yakfaster and Pop
Paddling out to the islands
Paddling out to the islands