This is my ride....

knee_deep

This is my ride....

Post by knee_deep »

If you guys see this little white 240 SX in the parking lot, I'm out there somewhere. My name is Sidney Moore, I'm 42 years young and love to lure fish. Building a 8 wt Fly Rod right now, soon to get into that. I have this Red Redfish 12, and if I'm out there on the water, I'm pretty easy to get along with. Feel free to say Hello. If I have extra of whatever and you need it, it's yours. This board seems really cool and I'm glad I'm on it. I live in Victoria, and will be doing more fishing in the near future, hope to get to know some of the people on here. I have quite a bit to learn about this kayak stuff, but so far- it's been more than fun. Oh, and I thought ya'll might get a laugh on the yak being almost as big as the ride, I'm thick skinned, so make jokes if you like, it's all good. I don't mind.
Attachments
DSC01141.JPG
Last edited by knee_deep on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shamrock kid
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: This is ride....

Post by Shamrock kid »

Hello Sydney If I put my xfactor on top of my Jeep wrangler. Which I often do it sticks off the front and off the back. But still gets me were i need to go. Cool looking set up, hope the flyrod comes along good.
Shamrock
smellyhands
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: This is ride....

Post by smellyhands »

Hey man, welcome! My kayak is actually longer than my car, so don't feel bad!!
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: This is my ride....

Post by Thinwater skinner »

I guess it is to late, but I would lay that yak flat on the rails instead of up in the air. I even get better gas milage with the yak upside down on the rails. Post back up after a few trips to the coast and tell us how you are doing. The learning curve us much quicker if you fish with a seasoned pro. Good luck
OlSalty

Post by OlSalty »

You should try and put it across to act as wings. You might get to the water faster. =) kidding aside, the setup is pretty good. Good luck and God bless.
flatsfischer

Post by flatsfischer »

Welcome aboard, hope to see you on the water.

Jason
yak-n-fly

Post by yak-n-fly »

Cool introduction!! I myself am fairly new around here, so to speak. Haven't been real active in the past few years as more of a lurker, but looking to get more involved on the site. This kayak habit is an "addiction". Welcome to the board!
knee_deep

Post by knee_deep »

Thanks to all for the welcome and advice. Yeah, skinner- I had thought of laying it down, but I'm getting another one pretty soon, then they'd have to go side by side. I'm getting another rack as well. Plus when I go to Austin to fish and ride, my Mountain Bike will ride over on the passenger side.
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

knee_deep wrote:Thanks to all for the welcome and advice. Yeah, skinner- I had thought of laying it down, but I'm getting another one pretty soon, then they'd have to go side by side. I'm getting another rack as well. Plus when I go to Austin to fish and ride, my Mountain Bike will ride over on the passenger side.
Good point. At one time I was carring two yak on top and the airodynamics (sp) caused the radio antenna to wipp and break off. Good Luck and easy going.
lagavulin62

Post by lagavulin62 »

welcome to the site. this is a great place to learn and the few I've met on here are really nice and helpful. ..... good looking yak you got there, pretty much an "all arounder". I got the same one(2007), even same color but my wells are not as deep as yours. what year is that?
Brad

Post by Brad »

knee_deep, I also live in Victoria. If you are looking for a fishing partner and are free on a weekday PM me. I am by no means a seasoned pro but I like to get out on the water every chance I get. I aslo just got a fly rod and am hoping to hook up with a few tailers.

Brad
ninetyfivem3

Post by ninetyfivem3 »

watch out for high winds....lol. how long have you had the 240? they are cool little cars

95M3
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

Welcome,

I like fishing and Mtn. biking as well. I go to Austin to visit the family a lot too. Stopped by Fayette to check it out recently and will definently be making the half-way stop to fish it more.
knee_deep

Post by knee_deep »

Brad, we'll have to work on a trip, I'd like that. As for the other comments my Redfish is an 09, and I've had my 240 for about 5 years, and it thinks it's a truck probably, with all the gear, bikes and hobbie stuff that it's cluttered with. Thanks again to all for the warm welcomes.
Scubasteve
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Scubasteve »

This is my ride.....there are many like it, but this one is mine.

8)

sS