Father's Day Stipers on Texoma

Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Father's Day Stipers on Texoma

Post by Earl »

I got a few hours in the morning to get up to Platter Flats on Texoma. Got on the water at 6:02 and had first fish in the boat at 6:22. The wind was 10-15 early but picked up steady to ~20-25. Paddled out around the island and picked up a couple more with one being 32". Kept paddling into the wind and ended up at West Burns Run and picked up a total of 8 fish by 9am. Headed back in and picked up one more and a large mouth. There were some good rollers coming across the lake and most all the PBs had gone to calmer waters. Got off the water by 10:30. A couple of the fish really produced that exhilarating sound of screaming drag. Fishing really helps the soul and make Monday mornings great. I had one PB come along side and asked if I was doing any good. Well, he could clearly see the fish on the deck and I had just put one on the stringer and was trolling along. I said I was doing all right and about that time my line went off, I told I had to answer a long distance call. I think he really wanted to know what I was using. BTW, I was using the YUM swim shad.

Earl
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Father's Day Stipers on Texoma

Post by preacher »

WOW! Way to go Earl!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
RealBigReel
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RealBigReel »

Looks like a nice stringer of fish there.
Jerry Hamon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry Hamon »

Last stop: Red River
Next stop: Platters Flats :lol:
DBPlano

Post by DBPlano »

muy bueno!
Piscado Loco

Post by Piscado Loco »

WTG bud. You had much better luck than I did on Ray Roberts. Our family is heading out to the Lighthouse On Texoma resort next month & I can't wait. Thanks for sharing & glad to hear you had such a great weekend.

Fish On!
jj4mel

Post by jj4mel »

I am looking to go to Texoma on Sunday and Monday. Any advice for fishing that area? Were you trolling only with the swim baits?
Phishaholic

Post by Phishaholic »

Nice!!
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

I trolled until I found them and then cast. Most were caught trolling.

Good Luck

Earl
Vlaude
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Vlaude »

Congrats Earl! Been having some fun up there as well. Some nice fish showing up! Want to get up there and start fishing around 4 a.m. or so, but been too lazy...
reelfisherman

Post by reelfisherman »

Vlaude wrote:Congrats Earl! Been having some fun up there as well. Some nice fish showing up! Want to get up there and start fishing around 4 a.m. or so, but been too lazy...
+1 :clap: :clap:
Dry Creek

Post by Dry Creek »

Vlaude, or anybody else,
If you are ever looking for a tagalong to get you motivated, I will be happy to apply! I took my daughter up this time last year to a guided trip ( a gift) out of Lowes. On the water at 5:45 AM, on the fish by sunup- limited inside of thirty minutes. I told the guide I wasn't in a hurry, didn't particularly want to keep but a couple of fish- I wanted a boat ride and time to visit. He slowed it down, still off the water by 8:30 AM
Hadn't fished striper from the kayak yet, I won't slow you down too awful much.
Holler if you want company.

DC
Vlaude
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Vlaude »

Drycreek, you are welcome to join me. Been fishing Texoma about twice a week as of late. Catching good numbers of fish 30-40 fish, with some decent fish each trip in the upper 20 and lower 30 inch size (thus the multiple trips as of late). Well unless you are targeting just a bruiser, huh Chebby? LOL One of them finished off the drag in my Stradic. In a few hours of fishing it's fun keeping the rod bent!

If you can get up early and hit shallower areas or wind blown points with deep water nearby you should catch fish. I don't know where you are coming from, but the lake is large and has a lot of good striper fishing areas, not to mention its packed full with striper. If you are coming up 75 I'd launch at Platter or Lakeside and hit the Platter Flats. This time of year Washita Point can be really good with fish chasing bait up into the shallow water. If you are coming further from the west I wouldn't drive across the lake, hit something around the Red like Buncombe, Juniper, etc. When I was living in Oklahoma Buncombe was my favorite place to fish. Now I spend more of my time around Platter & Rock Creek this time of year since it is closer...

Shoot me an email - vlaude@yahoo.com I'm sure I'll be up a few times this coming week starting Sunday late afternoon / evening. I might be on the lake sometime before then, but not sure at this point as I'll be in Oklahoma tonight and tomorrow. It'd be fun to catch up...