Damn Good Steaks!!!

GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Damn Good Steaks!!!

Post by GoinCoastal »

OK, so fellow TKFer, Jay61 has a catering business on the side. Well, after hearing about my fried burrito tradition, he invited to come have a steak one night. My wife an dI did just that last night and boy were we impressed. So here is the deal and it is a pretty good one...

He has a thing set up with Little Woodrow's ice Houses. He is at the Parmer Ln location on Tuesday evenings, downtown & Lakeway on Wed, and south on Thursday. It cost $15 a person and you get a huge handcut steak (mine was a ribeye) with either a salad or a baked potato. It was awesome!!!! But he has become the draw on those nights and he packs the house. Everyone in the place ended up hitting the trailer for steaks last night. Go early and get yourself a table. Drink several cold beers and when you smell the grill out front, go order a steak. You will be glad you did!!!
Redfish529

Re: Damn Good Steaks!!!

Post by Redfish529 »

I agree the steaks are great and the scenery aint bad either :wink:
I dont know if you noticed GC but it's odvious to me who runs the ship in that business. :lol:
Jay61
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jay61 »

Kind words from you both and much appreciated! GC didn't get to see "the boss" but I'm sure he'll get the opportunity one of these days. I put enough crack in the steaks to keep 'em all coming back for more. :lol:

p.s.
Nice meeting you and your better half GC. We should try to get an Austin group together for a beer sometime. Make it at Little W's and I'll supply some grub. Whadda ya say fellas?
Motley
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Motley »

A get together sounds great!!! I'm in.....
Brother Bob

Post by Brother Bob »

Jay,

the wifa is going to a women's only Happy Hour today. I might just have to come visit you this evening. What time do you get there? Do you know if Little W's serve's any Maker's Mark? I love my steaks with MM!

Bobby
double dip
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by double dip »

I've already blown my chance. He won't let me come back unless I take him fichin' . :D
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Post by GoinCoastal »

Bobby, LilWoodys is beer only!!! But I can tell you from personal experiences that a really cold Modelo Especial is excellent with grilled meat of any kind!!!!!!!!!

Jay that is a hell of an offer. But if we do it at LilWoody's & yall are cooking, you & your wife won't get to join us. We need to have a Husband & kayak-widow happy hour though. We have never done that.

Jim, Jim, Jim..... Jay is smart enuf to know that he needs to go fishin with Sally not you!!!!!

Everyone keep an eye here on th eboard. Let me check some scheduling stuff. I am gonna call a Couples Happy Hour. Would a Friday evening after work be a good time?????
Jay61
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jay61 »

Fridays work well for me. the other half is studying for her teaching cert test so anytime after the 15th and we will both be free. Look forward to meeting some new folks.

GC, you're probably right about fishin' with Sally. I'm not so sure DD even knows how to hold a rod in his hand...fishin' that is. :lol: Ya'll come on down and join the happy hour, Jim! Would enjoy hangin' out with you guys.

J
Motley
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Motley »

Fridays work for me as well.... :D
Jay61
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jay61 »

Brother Bob wrote:Jay,

the wifa is going to a women's only Happy Hour today. I might just have to come visit you this evening. What time do you get there? Do you know if Little W's serve's any Maker's Mark? I love my steaks with MM!

Bobby
Hey Bobby....
We are usually ready to put steaks on the grill by 6:30. Hope to see you there.
J