"Nucanoe"

SWINGATE

"Nucanoe"

Post by SWINGATE »

New to kayaking!

Has any one tried one of these out Pro/cons!
Look like a nice stable boat??
Motley
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: "Nucanoe"

Post by Motley »

My uncle has the tandem. It's a hybrid and very stable. It just depends on what you are going to use it for... I personally think they are a little pricey and heavy. You generally need two people to transport it.. Depending on your preferences... I think you can do better IMO...
SWINGATE

Post by SWINGATE »

Ok Thanks!

I am want one to do some Lake and river and maybe some back water bay fishing! There are to many choices out there!

Thanks agian for you info!
Motley
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Motley »

No problem... The best option is to head over to your local kayak shop and paddle a few boats.. This will help a lot in your decision.... Let me know your location and I could possibly point you in the right direction... BTW - Welcome to TKF! :D
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: The Woodlands, TX...TEAM SOUTHWEST, Team Castaway Rods

Post by SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS »

I demoed the NuCanoe when it first hit the market a few years ago and thought it was a great yak in concept, but when I sat in it and tried to paddle, it just felt way to wide. I like the layout of the cockpit and stability is rivaled only by the Native Ultimate and the WS Ride 135 gets you kinda close. The main down fall to the yaks is the width and the weight. If you are going solo it will be difficult to load on top of your vehicle so you may want a trailer or if you are loading in the bed of a truck you should be ok. I would be hesitant to take it in the open bay but if you can launch directly into the protected water then I see no problem in it. I was fishing the last Texas Kayak Series and we had a guy launch not to far down from us in a NuCanoe, we were in 30 mph winds and he couldn't paddle back so he had to drift about two miles to hit land then walked to his truck and drove back to the yak. If I were looking to get a super stable yak that will do just about anything you need other than running the surf I would look into the Native Ultimate 12' or 14.5'. See if you can find a NuCanoe dealer and test one out. I have a the Native line here for demo if you want to give it a go.

Chris
SWPS
281-292-5600
SWINGATE

Post by SWINGATE »

Thanks Chris!!!

I have heard alot of goods things about the Native Ultimate and the WS 135, i have have heard more negative stuff about the nucanoe and being heavy was the most that stuck out more than anything, I am looking for for about a 12' Yak i have a truck bed that i would be loading it on! Do you have a Yak shop down in Houston and or an website that i can check out to see what you have i am up here in Arlington! I would like to demo these two yaks i think they are going to be the top two from what all i have read and heard!

Thanks Agian Chris!
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: The Woodlands, TX...TEAM SOUTHWEST, Team Castaway Rods

Post by SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS »

I do have a shop just North of Houston on I-45, we also have a website the address is http://www.southwestpaddlesports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I carry the native line and do have the Ultimate 12' available for demo on most days. I don't carry the WS line but there are plenty of dealers between you and my shop. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Chris
SWPS
281-292-5600