RPB
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Demo Days @ Falls Creek Park in Marble Falls, TX

Post by RPB »

Demo Days @ Falls Creek Park in Marble Falls, TX

Date: Saturday May 2nd & Sunday May 3rd

Time: 10am - 3pm both days

Location: Falls Creek Park Marble Falls, TX @ the intersection of Avenue J & Yett Street.

Also, at 12pm noon both days- Capt. Fil Spencer from Team Ocean Kayak is giving seminars on kayak rigging and kayak fishing

Come out and test paddle over 40 different kayak models. Including kayaks by: Ocean Kayak, Necky Kayaks, Native Watercraft, Heritage Kayaks, Emotion Kayaks, and Hurricane Kayaks.

All demo kayaks will be discounted up to 30% off MSRP

I have no affiliation with the store putting on this Demo Days, but Marble Falls is close to me and just passing on the info for anyone interested and anyone who might live out this way. (I'll probably be fishing there that day in mine, and at the rigging seminar)
Motley
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Demo Days @ Falls Creek Park in Marble Falls, TX

Post by Motley »

What is the store name? I wasn't aware of one in Marble Falls...
RPB
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RPB »

Motley wrote:What is the store name? I wasn't aware of one in Marble Falls...
Actually there used to be another kayak store in MF in an old outdated phone book,
but this demo days in MF is by MUD OUTDOOR CENTER out of Austin
http://www.mockayaks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are details:
http://www.mockayaks.com/kayak-demo-day ... 78d3d7fc68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, a new Kayak Fishing Guide service for the area is starting up too http://www.centexkayakfishing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I'm tryimg to get Robert and Regan up to Marble Falls to fish some, since it is a calm, placid, constant level lake. It's a small lake, 5 miles long, launch in the middle, only about 2.5 miles in either direction, S-Shaped, so there's always at least a mile or so of protected water, no matter what the wind direction.
Last edited by RPB on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Motley
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Motley »

Thanks for the info... I'll see if I can make it :D
RPB
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RPB »

I'll be there Saturday

I'll be in a sand colored SOT (deck layout like a Prowler 13) with a green box as a crate, unless it's windy, then I'll have one of my real crates, and you can't miss my yellow hat with orange stripe, 2 yellow/orange flags with an orange triangle flag attop, PVC rodholders, yellow paddleblades and more reflective tape red green up front, gold on sides, yellow paddleblades, and I might have my side fishing lights attached if I get there before sunup to fish the topwater.... lol, you'll see me.

If you miss all that .... I'll keep it simple ... I'm the one with a long grey beard and no left hand and bright yellow hat wih an orange stripe (or bright orange with yellow stripe) :D

( yep, I paddle only half-fast .... don't say half-fast out loud though.)
Last edited by RPB on Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPB
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RPB »

I MIGHT get out there after church today, around 1:30-2:00 p.m.-ish, it gets over officially at 3:00, but people hung around after that. ... and the chili cookoff etc is still going on

Nice meeting Robert (and David) and Fishman (thanks for the free stuff at the fishing/rigging seminar at noon) :D I caught a Largemouth Bass right there at the Falls Creek Park bridge at the canoe lauinch on a pearl white Storm 2" swimbait, some other guys in kayaks caught a few on senko worms around the bend towards Johnson Park .... all were released to be caught again some day ... I never fished up that creek before, only the main lake, but I found a nice wind protected spot now lol

I don't know how many THOUSANDS of people are over at Johnson Park today and tomorrow for the Marble Falls chili cook off etc. I forgot that was this weekend so I didn't park or launch at Johnson or Lakeside lol

I left my kayakon my trailer, but if I had launched, it woulda been from Falls Creek park where the demo days is. I only used my new trailer twice, and terrible at backing it up, so with all the cars at Johnson and Lakeside parks, I just left it trailered.

Pretty smart of Mud Outdoor center to time the demo days with that chili cookoff, lots of people out walking from the chili cookoff on theior way to see historic downtown came to the demo days.

I met a nice very attractive girl from Chicago who lives a block from a lake up there, I think she was sweet on me, she wanted my to "paddle around the bend" with her ... but she wasn't sweet on me enough to convince her to move here (yeah, I tried) so I declined the excursion with her .... she might get an Ultimate 9.5 though.

Fishman gave the seminar, he's the one with all the videos catching fish on bubblegum, rubber chickens etc etc etc for bait.
Motley
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Motley »

It was good to meet you RPB - When I finished up talking to Phil, I turned around and you were gone... I guess that was the time you spotted the hottie from Chicago :lol: :lol:
RPB
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RPB »

Motley wrote:It was good to meet you RPB - When I finished up talking to Phil, I turned around and you were gone... I guess that was the time you spotted the hottie from Chicago :lol: :lol:

Nice meeting you too .... yeah, at my age, it's rarer that one chases the bait I have to present..... :mrgreen: Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

I recall a passed up opportunity many years ago after I declined an invitation from 2 college girls who gave me a ride back to a motel from a pier at Port Aransas .... you gotta fish when they are biting, else going back later .... they aren't there .... and I dunno how to throw marker bouys at women yet.

(To be fair to that Port Aransas story, my girlfreind took my car back to motel, she was supposed to come back to get me, but fell asleep in bed .... I was walking back and they picked me up invited me to their motel to "party," but I had them drop me off at my motel instead, because unlike my ex-wife, I know what "fidelity" means..)