Congratulations

Strider
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Congratulations

Post by Strider »

Gerald, congratulations on the launch of your new brand, and your sponsorship of the Boat Builder Forum :D I enjoyed visiting with you today, as always. Your shop looks as much like the laboratory of a mad scientist as it does the workplace of an artisan :lol: you have so many things cooking right now, both in your head and on the horses :wink: I can hardly wait to post pictures of Seashell's new boat but I am saving them for rollout :D. All I can say is "Damn, you do good work :shock: :D"

Kim
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Congratulations

Post by gerald »

Thank you Kim. What many people don't realize is what you have to put up with for me to do all the experiments on boats. Your advice and feedback has been invaluable. The future can only get better.

And just so other people understand Kim's attitude about boats. Kim is a fisherman first, last, and always. Fish are in water. Boats float on water. Ergo you use boats to get to the fish. That's it in a nutshell. All he wants is the best boat to get him to the fish. If a bathtub would do it--that's what he'd paddle. Luckily I was able to provide a fairly good river fishing boat.
Redeye
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Redeye »

Congrat's on the new forum!
DunkEm
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DunkEm »

Congrats on the new forum! I'm looking forward to you getting your website fully up and going and then getting some things done in my life so I can make time to build a new boat!
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

DunkEm wrote:Congrats on the new forum! I'm looking forward to you getting your website fully up and going and then getting some things done in my life so I can make time to build a new boat!
I suspect I'm gonna be busy till I kick the bucket, and that's the way I like it. Just don't like to be busy at work...

I anticipate getting my websites completed--someday--maybe a little later. Just kidding. I'm working hard on them and many other things, but working for a living gets in the way of having fun.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

\Congratulations and Thank You Gerald. I look forward to looking and drooling!!! :D
LUISJG
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LUISJG »

cool...look forward spending some time here...
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

This should be a great forum. Glad I'm now able to view it. I'm not a boat builder, but I'll be lurking on this forum.
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

Night Wing wrote:This should be a great forum. Glad I'm now able to view it. I'm not a boat builder, but I'll be lurking on this forum.

You're not a boat builder but you do happen to have a pretty nice wood composite Outer Island Kayak. I hope we can make you drool over some others.
Attachments
Finished side view.jpg
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Iamdamoder »

Right on, Thanx Gerald.
I can contribute a bunch of questions and a few smart A answers. We are just here for the fun of it, right? :D
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

gerald wrote:You're not a boat builder but you do happen to have a pretty nice wood composite Outer Island Kayak. I hope we can make you drool over some others.
You were right about one thing, I get many looks from people looking at my OI while I travel with it. Many people like to look at it when I launch and return from a day's paddling. :D The marvel at it's sleek lines and narrow width. I always give you credit and say it was built for me by one of my friends on a kayak board. They say I'm a lucky man and I agree with them. 8)
TDD
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by TDD »

I'm really happy to see this forum up and on it's way. My plan is to join in soon .... I want to build a couple of my own and this is a great opportunity to have this kind of wisdom and experience to draw from 8)
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

Iamdamoder wrote:Right on, Thanx Gerald.
I can contribute a bunch of questions and a few smart A answers. We are just here for the fun of it, right? :D
...and the answer to that is absolutely. If I didn't have fun doing this I wouldn't do it. Work is not that much fun so I'll quit doing that as soon as I can...