Boat Builder Roundup...or the TKFBBR...(Geralds Bash)

gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Boat Builder Roundup...or the TKFBBR...(Geralds Bash)

Post by gerald »

ok...Ron wants me to make a post so he can sticky it. This will be the gathering at Inks Lake on May 16. This is an informal gathering of small boat builders, those who have any interest at all in building or looking at some of these boats, AND any others who just get off on going to gatherings and meeting a bunch of like minded people. The official time to actually gather--at the day use area in Inks Lake State Park--with the boats and/or as a group will be from 10:00am until 12 noon. Before and after that just have a ball anyway you can. I plan on arriving on friday and staying till sunday. I don't know about anyone else but I'll bring two boats. You can try'em out.
It doesn't matter if all you have is a plastic boat. Come on out! There's good camping and fishing. Make a day of it--have some fun.

Questions or comments--make your post. I've got my reservations, I know some other do as well.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

There you go and I am looking forward to it.
Ron
mdean_74

Post by mdean_74 »

It looks like my wife and I will be there. That looks like a really beautiful park. I am interested in starting to build a kayak and would like to talk to someone that already does.

And to top it off that looks like a great place to paddle. We will be coming from Huntsville.

See you there! Already got the wife's permission..lol It helps that she paddles also and wants to go..

Mike
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I have my camping reservations there, Friday through Sunday.

I'm planning on taking a vacation day from work Friday and heading out there Friday morning.

I have TKF stickers to put on my truck, but I need to wash some of the dirt of first so they'll stick, LOL.

I am really looking forward to it.
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

I'm in. I'll bring my canoe, which is my fishing boat now, and an Outer Island. The OI may be brand spanking new, or old and beat up. Just have to see how the current project comes along. :D

Gerald, what boats are you bringing?
fysherman

Post by fysherman »

Not sure if I'll be able to make it yet as it is crunch time for me to get my stuff together for college and finish out High School... that month will be filled with AP testing to find out if I get all my college credit hours. Hopefully I'll be available that weekend. Looks like the whole park will be reserved to TKF members pretty soon though...so I better figure it out fast lol.
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

Pogo wrote:I'm in. I'll bring my canoe, which is my fishing boat now, and an Outer Island. The OI may be brand spanking new, or old and beat up. Just have to see how the current project comes along. :D

Gerald, what boats are you bringing?
Oh, I think I'll bring my old marathon boat and what strider calls the "conquista"--which is, in any case, a pretty good river fishing and paddling boat. But then...so is the marathon boat...
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Iamdamoder »

We will be up for the day with our plastic boats. Hope to get some borrowed seat time and bend an ear on design considerations.
Light Keeper's Kid
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Stuck in the Middle, Wadefish 15' -Heritage 9.5 Angler (OlllllO)

Post by Light Keeper's Kid »

I'll be there sat. thru sun. with the Wadefish so it can be broke in by someone that knows what thier doing :lol:

Mike
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Gerald
Is there more than one park there.I need to make reservvations also.
Ron
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

fysherman

Post by fysherman »

50 - Campsites with water hookups:
$12 per night

10 - Walk-in campsites with electric (20 amp):
$18 per night

137 - Campsites with electric and water hookups:
$18 per night

There are no campsites with out either electric or water? lol... Which one did you guys pick?
Birke

Post by Birke »

I'll be there with my Shearwater Hybrid and Outer Island.
Turner

Re: Boat Builder Roundup...or the TKFBBR...

Post by Turner »

I will be there Friday through Sunday along with one of the guys I work with... Is there a way to reserve specific sites, or is it the luck of the draw?
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

Luck of the draw. Reservations only "guarantee" there'll be somewhere in the park for you to hang your hat, but exactly where is first-come-first-served. That's why I'm reserved for earlier in the week, so I can get a better pick of campsites. I'll just have to see if I can endure a couple extra days at ILSP. :wink:
Turner

Post by Turner »

Reservations are all full up for that weekend.... The only ones left are 1 mile+ hike in. :shock: Anyone have room for another tent on their campsite Friday and Saturday night? :)
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

Looks like I will drive down Sat and drive home sat night. I hope to have time to clean the Pirogue up some. It is getting quit afew "battle" scars. :D
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

I just reserved a spot with elect and water
Ron
Turner

Post by Turner »

bowgarguide wrote:I just reserved a spot with elect and water
Ron
How'd you do that? I was told by Reserveamerica.com that there was NOTHING, except for hike in sites........ Please school me....
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

go to the link Gerald posted then go to reservations bye phone. What I did ,now thats not a tent site.
Ron
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Right now my plan is to drive over Saturday and head home after Dinner. Hope to simply hang out and meet some people in addition so enjoying seeing some fine craft.
Turner

Post by Turner »

bowgarguide wrote:go to the link Gerald posted then go to reservations bye phone. What I did ,now thats not a tent site.
Ron
Wow, That's exactly what I did.... I didn't even get to specify what type of site I wanted. I was told the ONLY the hike in sites were available. I guess it depends on who answers the phone. Oh well, I will just play it by ear when I get there.
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Several years ago when Inks lake was booked they recommended a nearby Lower Colorado River Authority campground (LCRA) on adjacent Lake Buchanan. You might check on the LCRA campsite situation.
Turner wrote:
bowgarguide wrote:go to the link Gerald posted then go to reservations bye phone. What I did ,now thats not a tent site.
Ron
Wow, That's exactly what I did.... I didn't even get to specify what type of site I wanted. I was told the ONLY the hike in sites were available. I guess it depends on who answers the phone. Oh well, I will just play it by ear when I get there.
Strider
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Strider »

Gerald assures me Seashell's new boat will be ready in time. This is a 16' X 24" 3 panel. I was there last week and saw the boat. Should make a splash at the new "Gerald's Bash" :D

Kim
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

I will have at least one (maybe two) open spot on my trailer. If anybody here in Centex needs me to haul a boat for them give me a call or PM me. 254/749-9413

Darrell